Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
about the "class" of a passenger
Guest_Anonymous
TITANIC WAS A SHIP, THAT SAILD ACROSS THE OCEAN, AND HIT AN ICE BERG IN THE ATLATIC OCEAN. IT SOONER SANK TO THE BOTTOM OF SEA, AND LOTS OF MEN DIED. BUT, LADIES HOWEVER GOT TO SURVIVE, BECAUSE OF SEXIST LIFEBOATS THAT COULD ONLY HOLD BREASTS. :twisted: I NOW KNOW THAT TITANIC SANK BECAUSE IT WAS SO SEXIST TOWARDS WOMEN. ALL MEN MUST DROWN THEY THOUGHT, AND THAT THEN IS WHAT HAPPENED. :shock:
Posted on: 2002/11/7 7:54
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
:x no the reson so many second and third class people died was coz of the first class tossers who thought they were better than the rest not because they were sexist though in them days you never know what ever happend to equal rights
Posted on: 2002/11/9 11:08
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
In some ways what you lot are saying is true, about the "class" of a passenger, titanic was very important, and she marked an end of an era (if you would say) after titanic people's life was no longer treated in class, and everyone was treated in a more human way, with respect no matter what your "class" was. i think titanic was important for that reason
Posted on: 2002/11/10 10:32
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:42e44b9d57="Anonymous"]:x no the reson so many second and third class people died was coz of the first class tossers who thought they were better than the rest not because they were sexist though in them days you never know what ever happend to equal rights[/quote:42e44b9d57]
and thats just the thing titanic helped bring, was equal rights, she was the start of a new era, after titanic things started to be different, people were no longer put in a class or discriminaed against because of what they are worth, yes it still did happen, but not as much, something good did come out of her sinking.
Posted on: 2002/11/21 23:21
  •  JimmyV
      JimmyV

From PA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I would reply to this but it would cause me to become completely moronic.
Posted on: 2002/11/22 0:00
  •  JimmyV
      JimmyV

From PA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone not talk in caps and broken sentences?
Posted on: 2002/11/25 1:49
  •  JimmyV
      JimmyV

From PA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Does no body realize this question is nothing but nonsence and jibberish?
Posted on: 2002/11/25 17:47
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
it wasn't the person's actual class, it was how much did his ticket cost that saved their lives, the more you paid, the more likely you were saved, the same thing would happen on an airplane.
Posted on: 2003/1/5 2:15
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
so then how come, John Jacob Astor died and his ticket cost the most?
it was a language barrier that stopped the third class passengers getting up on deck, it had nothing to do with the first class passengers being tossers.
Posted on: 2003/8/31 17:12
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
In fact, nobody is correct. The only person that is even close is 'Guest', which is unfortunate because they were the closest to the answer.

The CORRECT reason to the question is:

Different classes were affected in these times, hence the 'First Class' people having their own part of the ship. Further more, the 'First Class' people were near the top of the ship, whereas the 'Third Class' people were at the bottom. 'Second Class' people were in the middle, of course.

Due to the point above, this shows that if you were 'First Class' you would stand more chance of getting on a lifeboat becaue you would have been CLOSER to them.

If I can find an image, which illustrates this point, I will attach it or link you directly to it.

I'm sure some of your points were correct but my answer explains how your class affected your life on the Titanic.
Posted on: 2003/8/31 23:27
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.