Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
  •  tranamsmith
      tranamsmith
The Underwater Exploration of the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
The Titanic was first discovered in 1985 by the team of Dr. Robert Ballard and Jean-Louis Michel. They had used several submersibles to look for and discover what was left of the giant , once luxurious ship. When after the Titanic had sunk, many of the bodies had indeed gone down with the ship into the deepest, darkest depth(12,500-13,000 ft) of the North Atlantic Ocean, while the bodies that were still floating were recovered by ships to be buried in cemeteries or to be weighed down and buried at sea. Scientists had been extremely apprehensive at the possibility of seeing gruesome human remains, but no bodies were ever seen again. Long periods of time and the sea itself have completely erased any traces of the Titanic victims, but scientists have indeed found clothing and shoes that were in the positions of where the victims had possibly died. And they found miscellaneous dishes, bottles, crankshaft rings, jewelry, the first class cherub, and a lifeboat davit.
Posted on: 2004/12/11 7:05
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: The Underwater Exploration of the Titanic
Guest_Anonymous
Hello tranamsmith, i hearwhat you say, but if you want to know more the book < The Discovery of Titanic> by Dr Robert D Ballard is full of photoo's of the wreck site as well as a very documented account of Titanic.Well worth a read. booty
Posted on: 2004/12/11 15:19
  •  Flipitt
      Flipitt

From
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a photo of some plates earlier, quite strange, none of them were broken. I'll be sure to look out for this book, I think it's completely amazing what happened to such a great ship. The idea of her laying there at the bottom of the sea, it makes me tremble... :(
Posted on: 2004/12/12 10:55
  •  my_immortal
      my_immortal

From texas
Group:
Registered Users
it is strange that some of the items recovered are not broken.....there is a website..i cant remember where i found it..but you hould see how new the items look when they have been restored its amazing!
Posted on: 2004/12/13 9:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.