Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Titanic iceberg dilema
Guest_Anonymous
Hello Booty, I must say i am inclined to wonder myself.There is no doubt in my mind that the Titanic hit an iceberg,but what of the damage. a 300 foot gash!! come on thats like the Atlantic hard to swallow.Its only reports from the time.Did anyone actualy measure it and why now she has been found is it very convieniently burried in silt.I worked for an ice company in Plymouth England for 4 years and we used to discuss this in our lunch breaks.One day we tried and experiment with a huge block of ice some 6ft long by 2ft by 2 ft. We slid the bock of ice into a secure position and pushed with a fork lift truck a static water tank weighing over a ton at it.The result a huge dent in the tank and a few rivets sheared, The block of ice remained intact apart from a 2ft lump off the corner.By the way booty whats with your previous comment?? where you off to ?? Captain Nemo
Posted on: 2004/12/12 15:32
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Trust me i know bout cars.
Posted on: 2004/12/13 10:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Captain Nemo,
Like your theory with the ice,But the steel and rivets used onboard Titanic were not of the same quality as they are today.With the frozen waters of the North Atlantic the steel would have been very brittle so its quite feesable the damge that was caused by the berg,but as of to date we have no actual proof.As regards your last remark, i'm off no where i just took a few days to collect someTitanic related stuff i had been offered.A lot of photo's i have never seen before. and looking through the many books i have can't find anything like them>so i think i have something very unique.After i have evauluated them i will submit them.to the photo gallery. BootyQuote:

CaptainNemo wrote:
Hello Booty, I must say i am inclined to wonder myself.There is no doubt in my mind that the Titanic hit an iceberg,but what of the damage. a 300 foot gash!! come on thats like the Atlantic hard to swallow.Its only reports from the time.Did anyone actualy measure it and why now she has been found is it very convieniently burried in silt.I worked for an ice company in Plymouth England for 4 years and we used to discuss this in our lunch breaks.One day we tried and experiment with a huge block of ice some 6ft long by 2ft by 2 ft. We slid the bock of ice into a secure position and pushed with a fork lift truck a static water tank weighing over a ton at it.The result a huge dent in the tank and a few rivets sheared, The block of ice remained intact apart from a 2ft lump off the corner.By the way booty whats with your previous comment?? where you off to ?? Captain Nemo
Posted on: 2004/12/13 13:50
  •  Ernst
      Ernst

From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
Very very interresting opinions.
Makes one think a little and not just accept the facts
that's given.
Unfortunatly, the only "real proven" facts we have about
the Titantic is that it was the Titanic that struck an iceberg
in the North Atlantic and sunk to the ocean bottom.
Until facts provers it otherwise, that's the "truth".

But like you guys, I still remain a little scaptical about the
whole story.

That, in any case, is only my opinion and how I see it.
Posted on: 2004/12/29 7:33

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Someone sai they would stay sceptical until they see a photo. Fat chance Titanic has at most 30 years untill it colapses and disintergrates, so therefore we have a short time to get sucha photo and I don't see how we ever will. But sonar technology has been used and they have concluded that she scifed along, nothing like a gash, although perhaps a series of them depending on how u class a gash, however the damage was bad enough to allow 7 tons per second of water to enter the ship. The gash in question is strange, if it was ice berg damage it would be pushed in ward but it seems to be pushed out. Which means there may have been an explosion. But I think it was just as the ship went down and smashed into the sea bed, she bent backwards and the steel was torn out ward. Or maybe it has something to do with the conspiracy I dont know, I'm just giving an informed opinion.

Good day
Posted on: 2005/2/17 19:26
  •  am_vanquish
      am_vanquish

From godforsaken florida...
Group:
Registered Users
recently (documentary i believe) it was stated that it wasn't one long gash but a series of smaller gashes...
Posted on: 2005/2/17 20:05
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
yeah i seen a documentary just like that
Posted on: 2005/2/18 15:48
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
hey i guess u like aston martin eh
Posted on: 2005/2/18 15:49
  •  am_vanquish
      am_vanquish

From godforsaken florida...
Group:
Registered Users
i love european cars. ithink i was misplaced at birth. i want to move to europe and design cars...aston martin, maserati, i'm drooling
Posted on: 2005/2/19 20:24

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Indeed, as far as I can tell in America ure engineers seem to get 550bhp from a 8.2 litre dodge viper. We can get that from a 2 litre over here ahahahhaha.. But I do like hummers and that, so does johno.
Posted on: 2005/2/19 20:55
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.