Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
Re: Was it the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Superbowl!

It's quite amusing that you say 'nobody knows' if it was true that I helped with the program. Especially since I have given you a list of people who have first-hand, and in some cases, second-hand knowledge of my involvement. I find myself asking why it is that you feel entitled to call others participating on this forum liars -- particularly when you have not met them, do not know them, and apparently are not willing to follow up the list of people that they have provided.

I've no intention of wasting my time further on this discussion for today.

Mark.
Posted on: 2004/12/15 13:44
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i was talking bout the switch. get of your high horse
Posted on: 2004/12/15 13:47

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Superbowl!

My apologies for mistaking what you were saying. Since you posted directly after my list of those who had knowledge of the documentary, I assumed you were referring to that.

As I've said, of course an open mind should be kept on the switch. However, I have also stressed the need for much of the inaccuracies surrounding the theory to be addressed. If you are interested in the theory, then yes, I think both the pros and cons should be explored. We seem to agree on that.

As for being on a 'high horse,' it's my opinion that your comment indicates you do not know me at all -- how could you? If I have offended you in some way, then, please, let me know. Meanwhile, your rudeness would seem to reflect on you far more than it does on me.

Regards,

Mark.
Posted on: 2004/12/15 13:50
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
oh thanks. can you tell me why the califorian was sat in the middle of the atlantic with no passengers but enough blankets for 3000
Posted on: 2004/12/15 13:54

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Superbowl!

No worries, I enjoy discussing it. Meanwhile, could you answer the question I asked in the earlier thread with regard to the quotation marks? I'm assuming you were not questioning my word, based on your comments in this thread, but if that's the case I don't understand what you were saying?

With regard to Californian, Captain Lord stopped her due to the icefield -- something Captain Smith would have been advised to do with his vessel.

In terms of '3,000 blankets' no reliable, primary source, has been produced to my knowledge that backs up the belief that they were on board. Since Titanic had onboard around 2,200 people, the figure of 3,000 also seems strange if there is an intended implication that these were to be used in some sort of rescue attempt. You'd be well-advised to discuss that with Robin Gardiner, or maybe read some of the Beveridge and Hall book I referred to recently which deals with this myth. They provide a thorough analysis.

Meanwhile, I am off out this afternoon and then on to a pre-Christmas party so I won't return to this forum for a while.

Have a good one yourself.

Best wishes,

Mark.
Posted on: 2004/12/15 14:02

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Can see there is a lot of tention here so am just going to say where did those guys used in the documentary get there info from in my view it was to circumstantial. But how did robin start the theroy a thought it was as old as the disaster it's self
Posted on: 2005/1/4 15:18
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
it is
Posted on: 2005/1/5 12:16

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi!

It would be interesting if anyone could provide a contemporary, 1912, account which mentioned the switch theory. Indeed, Robin Gardiner did not know about 'Paddy' Fenton until 1996, IIRC. Until someone can, I think many people would agree that we cannot say that the theory is definately as old as the disaster itself. It's too simplistic IMHO.

Best wishes,

Mark.
Posted on: 2005/1/7 11:55

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Well eventhough it is not a credible source in the sky documentary there was a man that said there where rumors and I a friend of mines dad read a book mentioning Paddy and it was written in 1985 a will see if he can remember the title.

Good day to all, Bell
Posted on: 2005/1/7 18:40
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi Mark,
As a writer youself, do you know of any books in print on this conspiracy business, as if there are i would like to know. Neptune
Posted on: 2005/1/10 14:03
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.