Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  13 Votes
Re: Similarities

From West of Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
Rose,

I am from Ireland and I find your comments hurtful. Maybe there were US administrative failure but you shouldn't tell the citizens of America that they got what they deserved. Why do you think Americans are naive and petty as you wrote.
Posted on: 2004/12/16 7:30
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Scammell
      Scammell

From Abbotsford British Columbia Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Rose U are a Goddam Fool!
Posted on: 2004/12/17 4:04
Re: Titanic and 9/11

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
Both tragic event is very sad. Titanic and 9/11 had something in common that is the lost of more than thousands souls.
Posted on: 2004/12/21 3:52
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Thats just plain wrong and the most horrible thing i have ever heard you should be ashamed for that remark

I think you should stick to talking about the titanic and leave the tragic events of nine eleven alone, no one in those plane or those buildings deserved what happened to them and neither did thier families

Quote:

rose89 wrote:
i know what im talking about scammel. it did surprise the countries all over the world but it didnt change the history. i will tell you that many people think that you got what you deserved.

Posted on: 2004/12/23 6:08
  •  rose89
      rose89

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Orion wrote:
Rose,

I am from Ireland and I find your comments hurtful. Maybe there were US administrative failure but you shouldn't tell the citizens of America that they got what they deserved. Why do you think Americans are naive and petty as you wrote.

i didnt say they got what they deserved. i said that at the time (9/11) when i wasnt in america, i heard on the news not once or twice that they deserved it. i didnt say it. theres difference. plus i didnt say its not tragic.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/12/23 6:38
  •  trenchy
      trenchy

From
Group:
Registered Users
2,819 people were killed in the attack it may only be half of those who died on the titanic.

But today this is blown out of portion. when the gulf war conflict started abd we saw film of the american blowing the hell out of cities when you saw large explsions they were office buildings with up to 700 civilians in them which were being wiped out in seconds with no trace and yet they do not mown or cause an out raw. american are so bent on making a big thing out of nothing .
in briton if we were to do anything like that we would be called racist.
but its good for the american to do.
BLACK HAWK DOWN- OH NO WE LOST ALOT THAT DAY

32 americans.

1500 sermalians.

pearl harbour
1265 americans killed

the atomic bombs millions

or

1st of july 1916 28 000 killed from 7.30to8.30 the somme a date which will live in invmy

"id lost my mother to the cold, my father on the boat , my brother to gas and i still walked through the somme"

- HARRY ARTHUR LAMBERT , titanic surviver , lance corporal in the middlesex regiment and my great grand father

19/12/04 12 american killed in a mortar attack

19/12/16 60 men killed when a tree is hit by shell

Posted on: 2004/12/24 17:30
  •  trenchy
      trenchy

From
Group:
Registered Users
2,819 people were killed in the attack it may only be half of those who died on the titanic.

But today this is blown out of portion. when the gulf war conflict started abd we saw film of the american blowing the hell out of cities when you saw large explsions they were office buildings with up to 700 civilians in them which were being wiped out in seconds with no trace and yet they do not mown or cause an out raw. american are so bent on making a big thing out of nothing .
in briton if we were to do anything like that we would be called racist.
but its good for the american to do.
BLACK HAWK DOWN- OH NO WE LOST ALOT THAT DAY

32 americans.

1500 sermalians.

pearl harbour
1265 americans killed

the atomic bombs millions

or

1st of july 1916 28 000 killed from 7.30to8.30 the somme a date which will live in invmy

"id lost my mother to the cold, my father on the boat , my brother to gas and i still walked through the somme"

- HARRY ARTHUR LAMBERT , titanic surviver , lance corporal in the middlesex regiment and my great grand father

19/12/04 12 american killed in a mortar attack

19/12/16 60 men killed when a tree is hit by shell

Posted on: 2004/12/24 17:32
  •  rambini
      rambini

From
Group:
Registered Users
The Luisitania sinking was a similarly nasty tragedy to affect a ship - albeit in diff circumstances. My Grandmother went for a trip on the Luisitania (not the fateful U-Boat journey trip)..
Posted on: 2004/12/25 21:17
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
oh yes you did. dont try and say different now.
Posted on: 2004/12/27 9:25

From West of Ireland
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Trenchy,

Very good op. Maybe, the Battle of the Somme, Flanders and Ypres and not remembered so is because Hollywood has never touched them unlike Titanic, Empire of the Sun and Black Hawk Down.

I agree with your analysis that we are fed a certain type of news by the western media. What about the bombing of the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade during the Kosova crisis, the execution of over a dozen Irish scholars and freedom fighters by the British in 1916, the Amristrar massacre in India, and centuries of oppression by colonial powers over the past few centuries.
Posted on: 2004/12/27 11:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.