Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  13 Votes
  •  brian412
      brian412
Re: The Twins

From Ohio,United States
Group:
Registered Users
Very agreeable Nat. But,I don't think a lot of people would want to watch a movie about 9/11. Even though there have been a few documentaries about it. I know what happened and I don't really want to see it again.
Posted on: 2005/2/2 3:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  kjbevin
      kjbevin

From
Group:
Registered Users
First I want to say that everyone is entilted to their own opion and I usually don't make comments with regards to the way people feel about Americans because I know that we are a country that sticks our nose in everyone else's business but you've gone and pissed me off.

If you think that 9-11 was not a big deal than their is something wrong with you as a human being. If it had happened anywhere else it would have been a tragedy and history would be changed.Lets remember every time another country needs help who do they run too. The united States if we are such the " Big Evil" stop running to us for help.

Alot of Americans do not agree with the war in Iraq but we stand and support our soilders because they have NO CHOICE they HAVE to be there.

To all of you out there that has stood up for what happened on 9-11 thank you.

Someone said that America was naive and we were but we are not anymore.

And no one not one country in this world Deserved to go through 9-11
Posted on: 2005/2/5 21:09

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Who are you addressing when you say

'you've gone and pissed me off'.

In regards to when you say stop running to you for help, as far as am aware it was America that asked us Brits to help you out. Eventhough you make up 90% of the soldiers in Iraq we in Britain have supported you through it, in defience of most european counteries sneering at us. When your forces had to go in and get those insergents recently you asked us to block their retreat and we obliged. We allow you to take control of our guys and girls in certain areas of iraq, purley to make it easier for you.
We in Britain don't see you as a big evil, most of us don't like Bush that's all. But sufice to say he does't bother me.

Very true if 9/11 happend in an other country as big a deal would of been made of it.

I don't see that the Americans supposedly sticking there noses into everything is so bad, so long as we don't constantly have to hear about it. Thats the only reason you are not well liked (even to us Brits your top alie) we constantly get bombarded with American ideals on a daily basis some of them good, some bad it ticks people off.

But no matter how annoying you get knowone can justify Killing thousands of people at work. INOCENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2005/2/5 21:37
  •  kjbevin
      kjbevin

From
Group:
Registered Users
If you had read what I had written you would have know who went and pissed me off.

Not once did I say anything about one country I was talking in general.

As far as hearing about what Americans do...I'm over hear I don't and neither do most Americans have anything to do with what you hear for news that comes from your news sources not ours. I f there is American news channels over there change them I'm not forcing it down anyones throat.
Posted on: 2005/2/5 22:21

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry but a don't know who ticked you off send me a PM if you want to keep it hush hush. For I did not see anyone say it was not a big deal as you put it.

I know you where talking in general but you can't say that about Britain or most european counteries for that matter.

When a say we hear about what you do, a mean like on a corparate level for example. But there is always an American influence on us like our biggest tv service sky, owned by fox American company. The Brit awards half the winers if not more are americans even the european music awards. But am not one to look at the country they are from I look at the artist but when a think about it then there really is a constant american presence no matter where I go. Tons of mcdonalds and burger kings, you can hardley be blamed for that but it still annoys us. But American influences are not (as some people would say) always a bad thing to happen.

You as a person are not forcing it down anyones throat true but I as you did earlier I'm talking in general.
Posted on: 2005/2/5 22:43
  •  kjbevin
      kjbevin

From
Group:
Registered Users
First I just want to say I'm sorry I should not have gotten so upset at everyone here it is no one else's fault that some people are ignorant, and I should not have taken it out on the people in this forum.

After hearing over and over again that WE GOT WHAT WE DESERVED. I tend to get a little mad no one deserved what happend on that day, no one.

I also noticed there was a comment or too about the war in Iraq. Most of the American in this country do not agree with the war we do not want to be there we want our troops to come home, and because we know that this can not happen we Support our TROOPS is does not mean we support the war it just means we support our troops because we know that have no choice thay have to be there.

Posted on: 2005/2/6 2:40
Re: Titanic and 9/11

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
(His/her post is a little bit back so forgive me for brining it up so much later)

Are you trying to say that 32 americans dieing is better than 1500 sermalians?

It ticks me off when people compare figures and try to say one is not as bad as an other. For example on another thread on this form someone said The tsunami in Asia was worse that Titanic. Now in my view 1 person dieing is bad eventhough 10 times more people died in asia than on titanic I fail to see how one is worse than the other. Both are equally terrible. So in that respect a can't see why one is worse than the other apart from the fact one was a natural disaster and could't be averted.

Someone else said the Americans made to much of a deal about it, but am sorry a think they can be forgiven about watching a jet smash into the side of a building and making a big deal about it. I was 11 and a half when it happened. A taxi came to pick me up from school and he told me what happened then I got in and instead of watching the simpsons i watched the news and saw the plane go into it. It was unbelievable it was like a hollywood movie just seemed farfetched, was but it was true. My father in his car heard about it on the radio and he told me that every car around him slowed down untill they stoped and did not go for 5 mins it was just so shocking.

So now we are in a era where anything can happen and if someone says a disaster of some sort can happen, at least now they are not laughed at. Try telling someone before septenber 10th 2001 a plane could fly into a building and you would not be tacken seriously.

kjbevin you should't apoligise for tacking a mad turn, those people (who know who they are) that said the americans are at fault, should apoligise.

Oh and am fully aware I wrote earlier 'the Americans can't say they where not at fault'. What I meant about that was the government of the USA not the people. However no one can justify what happened, cetainly flying planes into a building is not the way to show you are upset about something they have done to you. But a don't see why bin laden was so angry at the Americans if someone clarifies that for me I would appreciate it. To my knowledge it was just a sensles act and there was no reason what so ever for it.

Posted on: 2005/2/6 13:02
  •  twinsday
      twinsday

From
Group:
Registered Users
What is the average age of you members who post these messages? Are most of you teenagers? I see 9/11 as a personal thing, not so much as a big event. If there were to be a movie about 9/11, it should be emotional and respectful to the victims, and, at the same time, personal, realistic, and accurate. It should be about the World Trade Center workers, the Pentagon workers, the people on the planes, and the ordinary/everyday heroes. The movie shouldn't show no more than three Twin Towers jumpers splattering when hitting the ground.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...but, of course, the experience of it was somewhat different."
- Old Rose from Titanic
Posted on: 2005/2/6 23:41
  •  twinsday
      twinsday

From
Group:
Registered Users
What is the average age of you members who post these messages? Are most of you teenagers? I see 9/11 as a personal thing, not so much as a big event. If there were to be a movie about 9/11, it should be emotional and respectful to the victims, and, at the same time, personal, realistic, and accurate. It should be about the World Trade Center workers, the Pentagon workers, the people on the planes, and the ordinary/everyday heroes. The movie should show no more than three Twin Tower jumpers splattering when hitting the ground. When many people talk about 9/11, they talk about the warnings, the failures, the government, politics, security, and future attacks. When I think about 9/11, I think about the heroism and people who experienced the tragedy in person, like those inside the WTC towers who felt the towers shaking and swaying, who perished in the explosions, or who were crushed in the collapse. James Cameron had strengths on being realistic shown in the Titanic movie, like when after the ship hit the ice berg, everything seemed confused, precautionary, and ominous. Even Cameron thinks about the people who witnessed tragedy. I'm pretty sure you also had before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...but, of course, the experience of it was somewhat different."
- Old Rose from Titanic
Posted on: 2005/2/11 8:56

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Well in 14 (nearly 15), but a don't see what difference that makes. I for one was horrified by the events and condem anyone that praises them. I respect the victims, and show respect whenever I talk about the event.

No movie should be made, at least not in the near futre. Eventhogh there was short movies of Titanic made post 1912, nowadays we need to be more carful of what we say and do.

It seems to me that people want a figure to blame, not just Bin laden. They want to blame a US official. But all the apparant failures where a collection and no one person can be blammed, and it sickens me when i watched a documentary on the disaster that the american police where so close to gettin them.

Posted on: 2005/2/11 16:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.