Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  13 Votes
Re: For NosieRosie

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Was the film u mentioned something to do with culombine?

No. It was on like, all the main cable channels.... I forget it, I'll have to look for it though.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/2/22 23:15
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  sundance
      sundance

From Molly Brown's home town
Group:
No forum

NosieRosie
Your quote below from your post above:
"And please, I want you all to know I am not siding with Iraq and all that. I think what they did was really messed up. I'm just saying that I understand where they were coming from when they did this, even though I don't agree with it."

Could you please explain a little clearer what you do understand where they are coming from?
Posted on: 2005/2/22 18:51

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Ahh yes noiseRoise I understand u now. I see where u are comming from now, I to see why they did it but am siding with u. "I do not agree with anything that results in innocent ppl being killed"

Was the film u mentioned something to do with culombine?
Posted on: 2005/2/22 16:45

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
What is the 9/11 movie you mentioned called? 

I can't remeber it right now, but I will look around for the title. It was one of those TV movies, it wasn't one in a theater. But it wasn't Farenheit 9/11.

Oh, and I saw Ghosts of the Abyss, and I like it. :)
I'm not saying there aren't similarties between Titanic and 9/11, I'm just trying to get people to see there are similarities between Titanic and OTHER historic events as well, and I though it was very ... I can't think of the word... for people to not bring anything else up.

Posted on: 2005/2/21 23:27

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see what individual ppl do has to do with a country as a whole. 

What I meant by that was that we have the freedom to do so if we so choose. I didn't mean it as indiviual people, I meant we as a nation can do it.
In Iraq and the middle east you can't. Like, I know here you can sue for adultery, but all you'd get is a divorce and a huge alimony bill. In the middle east you'd die.
The women there LOVED us for what we can do. And their government hated that the US had such an influence on them.

I"m not trying to be mean here, or get you to think other ways, I"m just trying to get you to see that your beliefs are different than theirs. They thought killing americans, no matter how it had to be done, was a GOOD thing. Their families were sent money if their sons made "suicide attacks" on any american building. I understand you think it's wrong and messed up, but I'm just trying to get you to see that even though you think that, and you have every right to, they were praised for it.

And please, I want you all to know I am not siding with Iraq and all that. I think what they did was really messed up. I'm just saying that I understand where they were coming from when they did this, even though I don't agree with it.

Posted on: 2005/2/21 23:24

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
A still don't accept that, there must be something wrong with u to fly a plane into a building.

u said......'That was not their intention. No wonder you can't make send of it, because that wasn't the plot. '

Dont assume that, I fully understand what am saying if u don't then may i suggest u ammend ure post to

'That was not their intention. No wonder I can't make sence of it, because that wasn't the plot, in my view.

u have ure opinion, but they killed ppl at their place of work, they did nothing wrong(the workers of the trade centre). They where usa citizens, and other nations, who turned up at work, and never got to go home, due to a nutter, who hates a country of freedom, such as america, and Britain.

I don't see what individual ppl do has to do with a country as a whole. As far as I'm aware cheating on a partner is seen as disrespectful, and as such a divorce can be granted. They dont care who u cheat on, it's all politics

Thanks twinday for seeing my point.

Posted on: 2005/2/21 16:22
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
there is many 9/11 movies be specific in asking what it contaned
Posted on: 2005/2/21 15:15
  •  twinsday
      twinsday
For NosieRosie

From
Group:
Registered Users
What is the 9/11 movie you mentioned called? Please watch the documentary Ghosts of the Abyss about Titanic researchers with James Cameron who explored the Titanic when 9/11 happened. You'll see why. Pay attention to the things near the end, especially about the plaque saying, "the 1500 souls lost here still speak, reminding us always that the unthinkable can happen, but for our vigilance, humility, and compassion". There are relationships and connections between Titanic and 9/11. Titanic intended to go to New York. About twice as many people who died on Titanic (1500) died on 9/11 (3000).

Titanic and 9/11 both involve collisions, destroyed beauty, destruction of symbols of pride, transportation, innovation, people being trapped and jumping, loss of life, warnings, America, and New York.

Titanic and Pearl Harbor involve great, proud ships sinking and being destructed.

The Titanic tragedy occurred near the beginning of World War I.

I can't think of any other relationships and connections between Titanic and the other tragedies that shocked the world you mentioned, other than that they are unthinkable, unspeakable, and sorrowful and involved great loss of life and the United States.

Wait a minute. WW1, WW2, Titanic, and 9/11 all involved deaths of people from all over the world. A few people around the world boarded the Titanic. People all over the world worked at the World Trade Center. Thousands of people all over the world died during the two World Wars.

9/11 and several wars involve killing innocent people.

What exactly is a "nutter", anyway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...but, of course, the experience of it was somewhat different."
- Old Rose from Titanic
Posted on: 2005/2/21 3:53
Re: Titanic and 9/11

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
u can't ever make sence of killing ppl at work.

That was not their intention. No wonder you can't make send of it, because that wasn't the plot.

The idea was very simply, just to kill as many americans as possible, and try to disrupt our way of living. They hated us with a passion because of our morals and values. Now granted, that's not a very good reason to go out of your way to fly planes into 2 buildings, the Pentagon, and who knows where that 4th one was heading, but, to them, we were having way too much of an influence over their people. Women here are allowed to work, show their faces, walk in front of their husband, cheat on their husband, and everything else we take for granted. There you can't. It's like treason, and you'd be killed for doing such things.
I believe their thought was that if you take down the threat, their people will not see us as so powerful... they wont put us on a pedastol anymore. It showed them that America is just as vulnerable.

It's just like the KKK. For whatever reason, those members just don't like blacks. Black people aren't bad, and they're no different from white, but to members of the KKK, they're different and there's no way you're going to change their opinion. Now, I woudn't say KKK members are nutters, they are a lil messed up and probably had a childhood where their elders were racist, but they are not crazy. The know exactly what's going on and what their doing.

So, basically, all of this blabbering I'm trying to say, I don't think the terrorists were crazy for doing what they did, because as much as I don't agree with it, it WAS and still is their beliefs that americans are horiible people and killing them is good. It's just what they've been taught and that doesn't make them nutters. (Although you do have to wonder what made them think that way about us)

And I think if you want to compare the Titanic to something else that's happened in history, it's naive to only compare it to 9/11. Pearl Harbor, Cival War, WW1, WW2, Vietnam War, assassination of JKF.... there's soo many more that ALL shook up the world. That's all I'm trying to get at here. We shouldn't just compare it to 9/11... it should be compared to other things too.

Posted on: 2005/2/20 22:03
Re: Titanic and 9/11

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
johno have u even read my post that showed similarities, such as how both caused for readical shake ups etc. I still don't think the US should be blammed for the actions of nutters. u can't ever make sence of killing ppl at work.

It's not just the event, but the after math aswell, and on that basis they are similar due to things I've listed before.
Posted on: 2005/2/20 11:39
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.