Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  edward9139
      edward9139
Re: The conspiracy theroy

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
i think the whole idea is just stupid. it's totally outdebated. there's no way it happened and that's that
Posted on: 2005/4/25 20:16
Create PDF from Post Print

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you, you are smart!Quote:

LeoPlumtree wrote:
It's an absolutely preposterous theory. One that shouldn't be taken seriously.

How was this switch supposed to've been conducted? Are we to believe that the dissimilarities between the ships had been thoroughly altered in a swift, overnight operation? How was secrecy maintained?

And of course, Olympic's proper hull number was found throughout the ship during its scrapping.

Why would White Star be so desperate to dispose of Olympic? Sure, Olympic had been involved in some incidents, but was never damaged so critically that it couldn't be repaired.

Why would White Star even come up with such a harebrained scheme if they knew even beforehand that there'd be no way they could ever profit from it? White Star only lost money as a result of Titanic's loss. It'd only been partially insured; White Star had underwritten the remainder. And the other part had been insured by IMM, the company that owned White Star! They basically insured it themselves, and therefore had no way to benefit financially from the loss of the ship. And think of the unavoidable bad publicity of the sinking.
Posted on: 2005/11/28 0:28

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LeoPlumtree wrote:
It's an absolutely preposterous theory. One that shouldn't be taken seriously.

How was this switch supposed to've been conducted? Are we to believe that the dissimilarities between the ships had been thoroughly altered in a swift, overnight operation? How was secrecy maintained?

And of course, Olympic's proper hull number was found throughout the ship during its scrapping.

Why would White Star be so desperate to dispose of Olympic? Sure, Olympic had been involved in some incidents, but was never damaged so critically that it couldn't be repaired.

Why would White Star even come up with such a harebrained scheme if they knew even beforehand that there'd be no way they could ever profit from it? White Star only lost money as a result of Titanic's loss. It'd only been partially insured; White Star had underwritten the remainder. And the other part had been insured by IMM, the company that owned White Star! They basically insured it themselves, and therefore had no way to benefit financially from the loss of the ship. And think of the unavoidable bad publicity of the sinking.
I totally agree with you Leo PlumTree... that is truly right for me..

i've always think the same thing you do..
Posted on: 2005/12/5 2:23
  •  Titanic705
      Titanic705

From Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
Group:
Registered Users
I feel that the conspircy theory is completely stupid, on top of that it is disrespectful to those poor souls lost in this tragedy
Posted on: 2005/12/5 12:10
  •  boats752
      boats752

From
Group:
Registered Users
Once again, I have to explain everything...The truth be told, it wasn't a iceburg that sunk the Titanic, hope you are sitting down, the truth is gonna be hard to take..the Titanic was attacked by a klingon bird-of-prey that was crewed by evil sith furbies..who were drunk on Romulan ale and and since they were bored they decided to have a close encounter of the first kind. Well things were fine at first they made a few low flybys to buzz the bridge, and they planned to have the standard kidnapping and anal probe and then release, so they could take a few pics for their scrap books and all the folks back home. The leader of the group Count Foo-Poo decided things were too boring and it was time to use the vulcan hickey ray on them, well due to being so short and liquored up he accidently fired a photon torpedo ( some say it was a backfire from the impulse engines ) and hit it on the bow below the water line. Well this was a bit more than they expected, so they cut and run due to Count Foo-Poo only having liabilty insurace on a rental ship ( a real cheap guy who would do anything to save a galatic credit ) they raced back to their secret base in Roswell New Mexico, to hide from any possible space cop investigation

hope this helps
Posted on: 2005/12/8 0:04
  •  S-Park
      S-Park

From Uk
Group:
Registered Users
The switching of two sister ships is very plausable. although i disagree with the Titanic theroy. There have been many liners switched with there sisters to make more money in an insurance scam.

The Titanic theory was like this. The olympics back was suposedly broken ie the keel had gone. and they would sink the damaged Olympic and make twice the amount which the olympic would be worth as scrap metal. This is still a very real affair. liners and other ships are still being switched to make more money.

i do though think this theory although very plausable is not true.

thansk all for your time
Shaun
Posted on: 2005/12/8 22:43
  •  WSL4001
      WSL4001

From Pontiac, MI.
Group:
Registered Users
I would have to agree that the TITANIC is the ship that sunk because I'm pretty sure that the White Star Line would had to of pay off alot of people that worked with and on the OLYMIPIC class ships to keep there mouth shut as to what they had done and if they did switch ships I'm sure someone with all the years that have gone by someone would have spoken up by now
Posted on: 2005/12/10 16:17

From Cymru
Group:
Registered Users
The conspiracy theroy....Rubish!!!
Posted on: 2005/12/10 18:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.