Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
Um, that looks like that could show people a simplified version of sliding down. But I would at least try it. Teamtunafish, what do you mean come back to haunt you?
Posted on: 2004/1/18 4:35
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the children who play on that slide are innocent, they're just having fun, but whoever decided to make that slide is pathetic. i feel its like they're making a joke of everyone who died on that ship. children, the same ages as those who play on that slide, did the same thing when the real ship rose up in the water only when they slid down the deck, they weren't laughing they were probaly crying with terror, and they didnt get off at the end and go home.
Posted on: 2004/1/18 11:22
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
It puts YOU directly into the middle of that night - and all the feelings thereof. The deck is modelled closely enough on the ship (housing and smokestacks amidships, etc.) that you can really feel you're there - [i:dde76daa34]not[/i:dde76daa34] a happy experience.
Posted on: 2004/1/18 14:11
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this searching for Titanic pics on Google. I also saw about 2 or 3 other ones. To think someone would sink so low as to make a kiddy slide of that night. That makes me so mad. Kids who go on that slide will probably grow up not taking that night seriously and tell their friends, "I went on a slide just like it! I don't know how all of those people died! That was fun!" I think those slides should be put away. They're sick.
Posted on: 2004/1/19 16:17
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Interestingly enough, they aren't all that popular here - the main use for them is in the orient and at festivals here in the little Saigons and Chinatowns. I'm not sure what that means.
Posted on: 2004/1/19 16:23
  •  Sniwe
      Sniwe

From
Group:
Registered Users
I live in Arizona and every year they have a celebration called The Fabulous Phoenix Fourth of July. I've been here for two summers and each time I went to the celebration the slide was there. Last year, the celebration was held in a huge park with a relatively large man-made lake in the center of it. I was sitting on the side of the lake opposite of the slide. As it began to get dark, I could see the outline of the slide and it looked like it was actually sitting in the lake. :( I think I'm going to write a letter to the organizers of this event and ask that they reconsider including this slide as part of the celebration. It can't hurt to try. I don't recall seeing it at the state fair this year. Whew!

Susan - I thought the same thing - what's next? Bungee jumping off the Twin Towers in 90+ years?
Posted on: 2004/1/19 19:15
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
As a suggestion, Carla, go to the [i:274903a565]Sun[/i:274903a565] and whatever other local papers and get a local interest story going - newspapers love semi-controversial issues like this for their "Style" sections.
Posted on: 2004/1/19 19:36
  •  Sniwe
      Sniwe

From
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the suggestion TTF - I'll do that. Who knows? Maybe the slide will be absent from this year's celebration. :)
Posted on: 2004/1/19 19:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.