Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Is the Titanic gonna be rebulit?
Guest_Anonymous
Are they gonna build a Titanic II? I heard numerous rumors about this and I just wanted to know if it was true.
Posted on: 2003/5/28 20:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
welll maybe yes ... maybe no..... but it will take many years to built a huge ship like titanic... i as well heard that they were ganna build a ship like titanic... but they will take a long long time to finish... and i dont think they will start building now..
Posted on: 2003/7/17 19:45
  •  Ali.G
      Ali.G

From Salisbury, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
If someone decided to rebuild the "Great Ship" it would not only take a hell of a lot of time, $$$$ but would use up a lot of the worlds resources eg Iron, Wood etc.

I personnally wouldn't want her to be rebuilt, on growds that she was unique (there is no way that the new ship would ever match the original) she should be left as apart of history!!!! :wink:
Posted on: 2003/9/14 6:26
  •  Elizabeth Swann
      Elizabeth Swann

From England
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think they should, rebuild it either i mean it would obviously take up a lot of recourses and someone already mentioned, and money and also again it's unique.

xxLivxx
Posted on: 2003/9/16 20:02
  •  joeydeltoro
      joeydeltoro
Re: Is the Titanic gonna be rebulit?

From 93015
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:00afda4e4d="AlbinoZin"]Are they gonna build a Titanic II? I heard numerous rumors about this and I just wanted to know if it was true.[/quote:00afda4e4d][code:1:00afda4e4d][quote] :P :P :P [/quote][/code:1:00afda4e4d]
Posted on: 2003/9/17 15:12
  •  Will
      Will

From
Group:
Registered Users
It would be hard for me to imagine a reason to build a ship that would rival the Titanic. Passenger liners (as opposed to Cruise Liners) aren't doing enough business that it would be a rapidly repaying investment, and even if there were those who had the desire to sail on such a ship, time is (as they say) of the essance now days, and there are swifter ways to commute. To find enough paying passengers for a liner of that magnitude would be difficult at best, and to find a recurring list of passengers might prove too daunting. The Titanic was a steam ship out of another era and the novelty alone wouldn't sustain such an investment. I think that it will not be done, however I have been wrong before, so find the money and sign me up.
Will
Posted on: 2003/9/26 20:39
  •  Debbijmac
      Debbijmac

From Glasgow, Scotland, Cincinnati Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Will? Did I hear that for the Millenuim prodject of the year 2000 Russia was considering building a replica of the Titanic? Ever heard that rumor? I remember thinking about where they would possibly get the extra money for such a feat.
Posted on: 2003/10/8 0:29
  •  Luna_Aran
      Luna_Aran

From BC, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
If every rumor about building a replica of the Titanic that I've heard were true, there would be about five of them floating around by now.

My favorite rumor, though, was the one I heard a while back (around the time the '97 movie came out) that said that they would build three replicas of the Titanic and sail each one of them on the Southampton-New York route that the original was supposed to have made...

Yes, the Titanic should be left as a part of history (as everyone in my family hears whenever I hear about or read something about an attempt to salvage anything from the wreck) but no one's ever going to be able to match her. There can be only one, no matter how hard anyone tries.
Posted on: 2003/10/24 19:42
  •  Megantic06
      Megantic06

From
Group:
Registered Users
Not that they will, but i can honestly say that I would LOVE for them to rebuild a repleca.

I dont think that is by any means dishonoring the first, only because i think that it would just give people a taste of the actual ship, not just by pictures and movies.

Now i disagree completely about trying to bring up the actual ship, she should be left to her grave, but as far as building a replica, i'd be all for it, and i would definitely sail on it! You dont understand how much i would enjoy it, even thought i am pretty sure we are not economically stable to build one.. its just an awesome dream!
Posted on: 2003/12/15 2:40
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
titanic 2...............
ahh the possibilities! :D
Posted on: 2003/12/15 5:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic