Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  kylefarb
      kylefarb
Ghosts at Fox Studios Baja

From
Group:
Registered Users
I found this site searching for information on some stories I heard on a recent trip to Foxploration at Fox Studios Baja. I‘m not a particular fan of the Titanic but just happened on the place since it was close to where my girlfriend and I were staying on a kite surfing trip in Rosarito Beach. I haven’t found any other mention of the stories I heard though, so maybe I discovered something new. I’m typically not the type of person to believe in ghosts or other fantastic stories, but after this trip I’m thinking differently.

If you haven’t been to Foxploration, it’s like something you would find at Universal Studios – quite a bit smaller but still pretty impressive. There are different exhibits on the moviemaking process focusing mainly on special effects and an area where you can film your own scene including makeup, costumes, and effects.

Included with the exhibits is a very impressive collection of movie props and costumes that isn’t limited to the movies that have been filmed at to studio. It shouldn't come as any surprise though that the centerpiece of the collection is the Titanic museum. Most of this is in its own building across from the main exhibit hall. This building is set up to feel like you’re actually on the ship with hallways, portholes and rooms that were used as the actual sets.

We were having lunch at the Subway in the park and happened to start up a conversation with a guard who was on his break. My girlfriend speaks Spanish and was translating most of the conversation for me. Apparently, there are two different areas of the park that the locals think are haunted.

The first area is a movie theater/screening room that is connected to Ape City which is a great collection from Planet of the Apes. Several of the security guards refuse to go into this building at night because of a ghost they call the White Lady. Apparently, she appears mostly after dark and seems sad because of the periodic moaning that is heard. They have also had some occurrences of projectors being left on and tapes and film canisters being knocked from shelves. People who have spotted her say that she is a woman in a long dress appearing completely white.

The more interesting haunted location is the Titanic museum. Apparently the guards hear a little girl’s laughter on occasion. It’s been most noticeable after hours although some guests have heard it. The strangest story we heard were some watery footprints that they found twice upon opening in the morning. There is a small hallway with actual water in it made to simulate the second class of the ship when it was sinking (they even have real rats that run through which was pretty amusing). There were several small wet footprints (apparently from a child) leading from the pool of water. Management is supposed to be very picky about cleaning the facility after closing, so there’s not much chance that this was done by an actual person and simply not cleaned up. The hall is also blocked by gates (the gates that trapped the people in third class decks in the movie), so there’s not much of a chance that a person would have been back there anyway – especially a child. The bed sheets in the room made to look like Rose’s have also been found pulled back as if someone had been sleeping in it the night before.

As I said, I’m not one that usually goes for this sort of thing, but the guy we were talking to was dead serious. We asked a few people in the area about all this but didn’t get much information other than the fact that the people who live in the area do consider the place haunted. The one guy that did who did give us some information was the bartender at our hotel. He said that he thinks they have been trying to keep things quiet so as not to scare away guest and potential workers. He also told us about a photo that had been floating around the Internet that shows a ghost in the mirror in Rose’s room. I found it, and it’s pretty eerie. It’s just a casual pose of a woman who visited the park standing next to a dresser with the mirror. There’s really not even any space in the room for another person, but there’s definitely a foggy image of a person in the mirror. He said that he had heard there was some other picture of a child ghost, but I haven’t been able to find that.

I did a little research after hearing all this, and I found out that James Cameron went down to the actual Titanic seven or eight times filming for the movie. I don’t know much about this kind of thing, but I’m wondering if it’s possible that he brought something back with him that he didn’t plan on. I’ve heard that there were several reports of strange occurrences during filming, but no one gave much thought to them. It wasn’t until the museum was built that things started happening in a concentrated area. As I said before, the museum is setup to look like you are actually on the Titanic. They have state rooms from the different classes, the dining room, smoking room, boiler room, the sculptures from the grand staircase, and even an area made to look like the deck complete with life boats. It makes sense that the ghost of someone who died on the ship could confuse the museum for the actual ship. There are quite a few children who died, so I don’t have many leads on who the little girl could be. It’s not definite that there is only the little girl either.

I’m not sure if there is any connection between the Titanic and the White Lady in the screening room. Before the studio was built, it was apparently just a big vacant area on a cliff overlooking the ocean. There aren’t any reports of hauntings or burials in the area, but I’m still trying to do some research on that.

I tried to find some other mention of this on the Internet but haven’t really found anything other than that one photo. I’m pretty surprised when you consider the popularity of the Titanic. It may be that just not that many people have visited the studio, and it’s just more of a local story. We’re planning on taking another surfing trip down there in a few months, so I’m going to see what else I can find out.

Has anyone else heard of this?
Posted on: 2005/1/16 15:35
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  rose89
      rose89
Re: Ghosts at Fox Studios Baja

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
oh, wow, i hadnt heard that story before. its interesting.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2005/1/17 4:06
Re: Ghosts at Fox Studios Baja

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
Well anything can happen in this world. The article is very interesing.
Posted on: 2005/1/18 4:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.