Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  why was smith even the captin of the titanic when he wreked the Olympic just lil while before that

Browsing this Thread:   8 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
Re: why was smith even the captin of the titanic when he wreked the Olympic just lil while before that

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
well yes but u need to pay for them, my advice is to go to google or sumhin and search it in the groups search.

Hope this was of use good day
Posted on: 2005/2/13 21:19
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Johno
      Johno
Re: why was smith even the captin of the titanic when he wreked the Olympic just lil while before that

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
mybe they felt that it wasn't smiths fault for wrecking the olmpic, or smith snuck himself on bourd the ship lol
Posted on: 2005/2/14 20:43

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
maybe that's true, lol
Posted on: 2005/2/14 21:43
  •  ryans77
      ryans77

From
Group:
Registered Users
how could have not been smiths fault lol it's not like the hawk was coming into port she was moored already and this wasn't the Olympic frist time out to sea so he knew what she could do
Posted on: 2005/2/15 0:39
  •  Johno
      Johno
Re: why was smith even the captin of the titanic when he wreked the Olympic just lil while before th

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
or he could have done it delibrit, he might have done it becuase that was his plan all along, wreck olympic, depress himself and then getting white star line to feel sorry for him so he could captain titanic.

what if he wanted to put white star line out of business, a spy for other ship firms lol
Posted on: 2005/2/15 10:57

From
Group:
Registered Users
Captain Smith had nothing to do with the accident with the Hawke, The sheer size of these vessels was the problem. The massive suction created by the propellers pulled the Hawke into the Olympic!. As a matter of fact, it was found that after Titanic left Southhampton, A sunken bardge was dragged 800 yds across the bottom of the channel. Of course this was not found out until much later after Titanic sank.As far as Captain smith's record was ,yes there were minor problems, but on the whole when asked about his career, he said "I have been at sea for 30 years and I haven't had an incident that is worth speaking of " Most people have skeletons in their closet. Nobody is perfect!
Now As we all seem to know, He definately used bad judgement in listening to Ismay, if that is what he did. Of course WE will never really know the whole truth.
Posted on: 2005/2/15 13:52

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
So johno, u think he was a spy for cunard lol,

Very ammusing my friend,
Posted on: 2005/2/15 14:18
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
yes a spy , a very good one if he made such a mess
Posted on: 2005/2/15 17:28

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
but all those ppl died,
Posted on: 2005/2/15 17:30
  •  ryans77
      ryans77

From
Group:
Registered Users
ernie i would belive that it was the size of the Olympic! if it was it's frist time out to sea but the hawke happend on her 5th time out to sea now are u going to tell a captian of 30 years is not going to know his ship or what it can do after it has been out to sea 5 times plus u have to remember he almost gut a tug in half on the Olympic frist time out so he knew what she was albe to do if he took her out to fast that's why ports have a set speed which u can leave under had he broke it
Posted on: 2005/2/15 17:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.