Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
There was a book printed before the Titanic sank
Guest_Anonymous
There was a book printed before the Titanic sank that had a lot of items that seemed to describe the Titanic but was printed before the keel was even laid.
It talks about an unsinkable ship hitting an ice berg and sinking

It is a fiction book and I can't find the name of it. I have heard about it from a couple of people. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Posted on: 2003/6/14 21:00
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
futility?
Posted on: 2003/7/2 17:43
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, that's right. The name of the novel was indeed "Futility". It was published in 1898 by Morgan Robertson, 14 years before the Titanic sailed and around nine years before the ship was ever conceived. Not also was the story the same, but get this, even the name of the fictorial ship in the book had a VERY similar name. In "Futility" it was the Titan, today we know the ship from the 1912 disaster as the Titanic.

Here is a breakdown of the two ships, notice the similarities:

Titan Titanic
Home country: British British
Time of sailing: April April 14, 1912
Weight 70,000 66,000
LOA(Length Overall) 800 882
Passengers 2000 2230
Lifeboats 24 20
Speed 24-25 knots 24-25 knots
Iceberg damage starboard side starboard side
Posted on: 2003/7/13 16:25
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
I've seen that!

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
Just earlier on today I found a website about that book and I found out some interesting things about it, [url]www.christiananswers.net/spotlight/ movies/e-titanic.html[/url]

if that doesn't work go onto Google.com, then images and search up titanic, the picture that links to it is the 6th one if you're counting along! :D
Posted on: 2003/8/25 14:13
  •  jomateu
      jomateu
The Rubaiya

From
Group:
Registered Users
I read on Robert Ballart book about Titanic history that there were a book named Rubaiya which sank with Titanic, I imaging this book made of Diamonds and others precious stones is probably one of unsaid reasons about rising objets...it is probably the only real treasure down there, I suppose lost forever...my question is if someone as spoken about this book...did it really sank or was it robbed while the sinking...and if it is true that Titanic is in real danger, the steel was the cause of the wreck and now the cause of is imminent destruction...
Posted on: 2003/8/26 8:56
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
Re: The Rubaiyat

Group:
Registered Users
[quote:ec53138f25="jomateu"]I read on Robert Ballart book about Titanic history that there were a book named Rubaiya which sank with Titanic, I imaging this book made of Diamonds and others precious stones is probably one of unsaid reasons about rising objets...it is probably the only real treasure down there, I suppose lost forever...my question is if someone as spoken about this book...did it really sank or was it robbed while the sinking...and if it is true that Titanic is in real danger, the steel was the cause of the wreck and now the cause of is imminent destruction...[/quote:ec53138f25]

That's right. The Rubaiyat was a very special and valuable book made of diamonds, gems etc. and the person who was travelling with it was a Russion Cornel (I forgot how to spell it!!) also travelling with him was a young man who was very interested in childrens fables and child psycoligy. Both of them were usually found in the Cafe Perrision and from what I've heard, they were doing something very secret about the book and Penny Pringle and her "Spy" were also on a mission to get it from him. I don't know if all of it's true but it has exactly the same story on Europress's game Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. There is a rumor that P.P's spy was able to steal the book during the accident but as I said before, I'm not 100% certain because it could just be some over-active gamers? But if you want, I'm willing to find out as much as possible about the book for you.
Posted on: 2003/8/26 12:37
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
Too Bad...

Group:
Registered Users
I've just found out that if the book had been resqued by the spy then it could have prevented World War I, II and the Russian Revolution! So it is definately down there. I found this out from a handy CD-Rom called Titanic: An Interactive Journey that came with my computer. It's very helpful and allows you to explore the shipwreck yourself!
Posted on: 2003/8/26 12:45
  •  jomateu
      jomateu
The book

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'll be glad for your help about informations on the "famous" book...thank you for your interested.
Posted on: 2003/8/27 7:42
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
Re: The book

Group:
Registered Users
[quote:adead5dd35="jomateu"]I'll be glad for your help about informations on the "famous" book...thank you for your interested.[/quote:adead5dd35]

:wink: No prob!
Posted on: 2003/8/27 9:58
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:34e3509dbe="Mr. Titanic"]

Here is a breakdown of the two ships, notice the similarities:

Titan Titanic
Home country: British British
Time of sailing: April April 14, 1912
Weight 70,000 66,000
LOA(Length Overall) 800 882
Passengers 2000 2230
Lifeboats 24 20
Speed 24-25 knots 24-25 knots
Iceberg damage starboard side starboard side[/quote:34e3509dbe]

As a lot of people would say, "That's weird" but it truly is. The name thing is also kinda strange seeing as it only has two letters missing. All in all, could this really been about the Titanic?
Posted on: 2003/8/27 22:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.