Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
  •  roseflower
      roseflower
Re: Towards the lights

From
Group:
Registered Users
Why leave it alone? It should be salvaged!
Posted on: 2005/6/7 12:15
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  LeoPlumtree
      LeoPlumtree

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

roseflower wrote:
Why leave it alone? It should be salvaged!

What for?
Posted on: 2005/6/7 18:18
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
nah. just leave it alone. alright...let's give an example... Roseflower, let's say you were old and you died, but hadn't written a will. your husband had already died and you were a widow. when you died, your next door neighbor decides that ecerything you own is not useful to you anymore. let's say he takes all your pictures and photo albums and gives them to the guy on the corner of the street who needs fire to cook the food that he stole from the store. and that same next-door neighbor wants a new computer and a PS3. so he takes 600 bucks from your wallet to help pay for it. and he's not done. he collects baseball cards and you have a T-206 Honus Wagner card. he takes it from you and sells it for $400,000. his sister has a prom coming up so he steals a dress from your closet. the same one that you used for your wedding so long ago. and it doesn't stop there. him and his friends were playing dodgeball and Jimmy just happened to miss Sally and broke your neighbors window. it turns out that you both have the same kind of windows.
it just keeps going. as far as I'm concerned, it's not fair to those who don't want their stuff taken.
Posted on: 2005/6/8 10:57
  •  roseflower
      roseflower

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

edward9139 wrote:
nah. just leave it alone. alright...let's give an example... Roseflower, let's say you were old and you died, but hadn't written a will. your husband had already died and you were a widow. when you died, your next door neighbor decides that ecerything you own is not useful to you anymore. let's say he takes all your pictures and photo albums and gives them to the guy on the corner of the street who needs fire to cook the food that he stole from the store. and that same next-door neighbor wants a new computer and a PS3. so he takes 600 bucks from your wallet to help pay for it. and he's not done. he collects baseball cards and you have a T-206 Honus Wagner card. he takes it from you and sells it for $400,000. his sister has a prom coming up so he steals a dress from your closet. the same one that you used for your wedding so long ago. and it doesn't stop there. him and his friends were playing dodgeball and Jimmy just happened to miss Sally and broke your neighbors window. it turns out that you both have the same kind of windows.
it just keeps going. as far as I'm concerned, it's not fair to those who don't want their stuff taken.

Yeah but maybe 300 years from now, people will remember the Titanic because of the artifacts that were salvaged even after the wreck has completely dissapeared. Does this not justify salvage? To keep the memory alive...
Posted on: 2005/7/15 11:40
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
yeah you should keep a few things to remember it by, but u shouldn't take other ppl's things and sell it. that's not right
Posted on: 2005/7/15 11:49

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Yoy cant do that, you cant say yeah you can take one thing and not another, its a missleadin message, am afraid its either a ban or a full salvage, no in betweens
Posted on: 2005/7/15 13:49
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
That's right bell. Ban the salvage, Ban the salvage, Ban the salvage.

What do we want? "salvage banned!"
When do we want it? "Now!"
Posted on: 2005/7/16 19:28
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
yeah. but I mean like one thing from the first voyage. maybe a glass bottle or something. I don't mind the tests that they run but to take things and sell it is just wrong. I think one thing should be taken from the wreck and then everything else should just stay where it was
Posted on: 2005/7/17 13:13
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
wat one thing should be taken then
Posted on: 2005/7/17 16:34
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
I dunno. I don't believe in salvaging although I do believe one thing should be taken as a memory. Ballard would be best to make that decision. even if they took it, made a replica of it and returned it to the wreck site it'd still work, maybe a coin or something. take it, make a copy of it and return it to where it was
Posted on: 2005/7/18 12:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.