Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  14 Votes
  •  thunderking
      thunderking

From montreal, canada
Group:
Registered Users
HI, if they built titanic 2 ,just curious to see the price of one ticket!!!!!
Posted on: 2004/6/27 15:44
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanicfreek
      titanicfreek

From My house. Usa
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know how much a ticket would cost probally alot of money. I would really like to sail on this ship i think that all titanic fans would like to. It would be a great experience to see how the ship was in 1912 and what they have done to make the ship look like it did in 1912. and to experience what the voyage was like and going through the same course.

"To, the stars..."
Posted on: 2004/6/28 14:50

From Delaware, United States
Group:
Registered Users
After James Cameron's 1998 movie "Titanic" a man from South Africa aquired the plans of the great ship from Harland and Wolf Shipping yards after proposing to them he was going to reconstruct the Titainc... he had paintings done of the ship even leaving New York City.. then all of a sudden there wasnt anything else heard about it. Then the website he had made went down without even a idea as to why. His deal apparently fell through or he was just full of hot air.

[u:e822f70f53]"Gous said a team of 15 engineers were already working on a model of the modern-day Titanic.

The replica -- to be built at an estimated cost of $477 million -- is set to sail for New York from Southampton, England, on the eve of the year 2000, he said.

The ship will be built in South Africa's Indian Ocean port of Durban, Gous said. ``For the next 18 months it will be 24-hour shifts on this one,'' he said. "[/u:e822f70f53]

[u:e822f70f53]"The ship will have the original Titanic's lavish details but will be fitted with high-tech engines, navigation and global communication facilities.

The interior will be made in the United Kingdom.

``We decided that building the Titanic in South Africa will help the local labor industry and will be a great millennium project,'' Gous said.

The ship's original plans had already been fed into a special design computer.

``We have had to take the old plans and feed them in on CAD (computer-aided design) and out of that compile plans that we can work from,'' Gous said. [/u:e822f70f53]

^^ just a little clip of the article that was made about it.
Posted on: 2004/7/1 17:06
  •  Titanicluvr91
      Titanicluvr91

From Chester,VA,USA
Group:
Registered Users
All I can say is if they do/are make(ing) it is a tragedy waiting to happen.
Posted on: 2004/8/3 17:32
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f98f0d98ff="titanicfreek"]Im sorry to disapoint some of you but i was watching a show and they had the new president of the titanic II and they are building a new one. The new ship is going to be called Titanic II and the ship will look exactly like the original one with the grand staircase and every thing they will have enough life boats the ship is going to be a couple inches longer or feet longer and the ship will be ready to sail soon. The ship will be sailing on the same route the titanic took and will be sailing in April the same week the real titanic set sail. The president said "The titanic will finish her madien voyage from South Hampten, England untill she reaches New York she will finish her madien voyage"[/quote:f98f0d98ff]
Yeah but the thing is that the dock which the Titanic set sail fromis now in use for other boats, mainly the QE2. They would have to ban useage from other ships that use that dock from using it on the sailing day. The dock is also dangerously close to other docks for a ship that big, including the Red Funnel ferry service that takes residents from where I live on the Isle of Wight to Southampton. The two ships could colide while sailing (uh oh!)! :?
Posted on: 2004/8/5 23:05

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Well, then it would REALLY be as it was when Titanic firsst set sail, not wouldn't it? :)

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2004/8/6 17:12
Re:

From ontario canada
Group:
Registered Users
if they do make a titanic II they probly gonna purposly run it into an ice berg and sink it and . . . ok maybe they wont't but its possible. If they do im gonna be on its SECOND voiage, just to make sure. . . ya Lol. im too super sticious!!! :hammer:
Posted on: 2004/10/13 20:42
  •  rose89
      rose89
Re:

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i would be on the first voyage, if there is one. it would be more fun if it sinks. on the adventurous side of course.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/10/13 21:56
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172
Re:

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
If there is going to ever be a "Titanic II" I think it ought to be a hotel and/or museum. Lets say we have a replica of the Titanic, but have it as a 4 or 5 star hotel instead of an actual cruise ship. Maybe a little more than a hotel. I think that would hold interests a lot longer than if it were an actual cruise ship. Still have the first second and third classes, at different rates of course but 3rd class would be for a shorter stay. All classes could still tour and participate in activities on the ship. There could be ball room dancing; the writing room would be more of a woman's hang out where drinks etc. are served, games are played, music etc,; the smoking lounge could host a few slots and tables and of course a bar with a couple flat screens; and of course the lovely dining rooms. I could come up with something for every room. That's my idea for a "Titanic II". Hmmm....

Jessica

Jessica
Posted on: 2004/10/15 20:15
  •  rose89
      rose89
Re:

From somewhere deep down
Group:
Registered Users
i think it will better if its like the old titanic. a cruise? where would it be? i mean, if its an american cruise, then europe would have to go all the way to america and vise versa. it wouldnt work. if they make a replica, im for replica all the way, like with all the 1912 stuff, just the way titanic was.
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."
~ ~
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/12108709
Posted on: 2004/10/16 0:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.