Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  2 Votes
Re: Dogs Saved On The TITANIC

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
so what?? but a human life it's more important under that circunstances..

or will you tell me i'm wrong??
Posted on: 2006/3/31 2:55
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Wrong:
You must not have a dog...sad, you should get one. I had to evacuate for Hurricane Katrina and I DID take my dog in my little car and I DID have to take care of it in a small hotel room for months, and I am GLAD that I took her with me because when I came home my house had had over 15 feet of water in it. She would not of survived if I had left her and loosing my house was bad enough but loosing my dog would of been devastating. My entire neighborhood was devastated and on my block alone three people drowned and fifteen animals drowned as well.
Did you ever think that maybe those animals aboard the ship were the only true "companion" these people had? This is my first visit here on Titanic.com and after reading your comments I was shocked to see that you are so quick to take a good educated question and knock it down. The Titanic is a part of history and if people want to know who and what survived, let them have that choice.
Thank you for your time.
Posted on: 2006/4/13 1:24
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i don't think anyone ment to offend anyone...the truth of the matter is there were only so many boats and so much room..and to lose a seat for a dog is kind of hard to swallow...I have a cat and I love her dearly but if I was in the stiuation I would give her up so someone could have the space...I mean a children lost their lives while first class passangers could save their dogs...
Posted on: 2006/4/13 3:26

From
Group:
Registered Users
i would save my dogs in a heartbeat
they're just important as people.
also, i thought what jj astor did was very wise and i wouldve done the same thing (letting all the dogs and other animals out of the kennels)
i mean if they didnt have their owners or people around their chances were slim anyway, but getting them out of cages offered some chance
Posted on: 2006/4/13 16:19

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
Was it JJ who set the dogs free? I knever knew that very interesting. (can I just ask where you got the info from tho as I like to tripble check my facts not that I don't beleve you my friend!)
Posted on: 2006/4/20 14:49

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
I think it was the pro-tennis player William Norris( or Norris William? I always screw up on the poor guy's name. Sorry ). Anyway, I know he busted down a door to free a trapped passenger, who'd (somehow) became locked in their cabin. A White Star officer who'd seen it told him "that White Star Line property" and how "you'll pay for the damages".

Funny, eh? Having to pay for damages on a sinking ship? If it were me, I'd probably would've done one of three things.
I'd -

*Laugh right in his face (that's my sence of humor for you)
*Scream "Shut up!" (like Jack and Rose did in the movie)
*Punch his lights out (mainly, if he becomes a pest about it)

But back to the dogs, I think it's good they got out and had a chance for survival. Hey, it's better than drowning in the kennels.
Posted on: 2006/4/20 15:25

From Delaware, United States
Group:
Registered Users
First-Class dog owners had planned a informal dog show for Monday the 15th, to show off their beloved pets. After all the lifeboats had gone, a passenger decided to let the dogs out of their kennels. R. Norris Williams whilst struggling in the freezing waters of the North Atlantic, found himself looking face to face with a Bulldog Gamon de Pycombe. After he was rescued, Williams thought that he had imagined the entire thing. But after he met another survivor who told him he had let the dogs out, he realized it had actually happened. The fellow survivor told Norris that he wanted to spare them from being trapped in their kennels as the ship sank. Of all the dogs on the Titanic, only two survived, they left Titanic in early lifeboats with their masters.
Posted on: 2006/4/20 16:54
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.