Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  4 Votes
  •  kitcat4599
      kitcat4599
To raise...or not to raise?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Alright y'all.I know that this is a comonly asked question and I never get tired of hearing people's opinions on this particular topic.So hear it goes....Do you think that the Titanic should be brought up from the grave sight of where 1517 people died??? Why or Why not?
Posted on: 2005/4/10 0:02
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanicluvr91
      Titanicluvr91
Re: To raise...or not to raise?

From Chester,VA,USA
Group:
Registered Users
I'm against raising the Titanic.To me it's like removing a cemetary. Where the Titanic lays is the grave site for people and the ship itself. I believe it should be left alone.
Posted on: 2005/4/10 13:00

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
It is not just that, it's the physical problems. There is littke to no strength left in the hull, and it would fall apart. Also, you would need to call for some of the biggest ship's in the world, for them to tie it to. Then what, she is a day's ailing from cape race, at least. It is a grave site, and should be treated as such, al that can be done, is some preservation techniques, even rasing the sister ship Britannic which is more feasable, is beyond comprehension, for now atleast. There are possible avenues's to replenish the steel in these ship's, but raising is not likely.

cya,
Posted on: 2005/4/10 13:41
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
what are they going to do with it? stick it on a chopper and bring it to the states? bell is right about the physical problems, and I agree with both about the graveyard. there's no way in heck that they gonna raise the titanic. why don't they go raise the brittanic, the lusitania and the arizona while they're at it. the things too big, and even if they were to get an aircraft carrier or something there's no way that they'd be able to fit it on it. it looks a lot better at the bottom of the atlantic judging by what came out of the safe in the titanic movie.
Posted on: 2005/4/10 14:08
  •  Nat
      Nat

From Hastings, England
Group:
Registered Users
I think it is a bit of a riduculous question whether to raise it or not.There;s too many people like relatives of people who died there and I think the majority of people will want the Titanic to stay where she is otherwise there may be huge bidding wars so that greedy people can have a piece of her.
Posted on: 2005/4/12 11:58
  •  Johno
      Johno

From Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
It would cost a hell of alot of money also and ppl would not like to see tax money being spent to reep the graves of many ppl who died.
Posted on: 2005/4/12 12:43

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitcat4599 wrote:
Alright y'all.I know that this is a comonly asked question and I never get tired of hearing people's opinions on this particular topic.So hear it goes....Do you think that the Titanic should be brought up from the grave sight of where 1517 people died??? Why or Why not?

Not raise, never
Posted on: 2005/4/17 22:04

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
Well it is not an issue anymore is it? I thought that ballard won back the salvage rights on the 14th June 2004 and has stated in them that the ship must not be touched in any way at all ever again, but just be looked at from a distance! He even put his plack to comemorate the titanic as a grave site to the edge of the bow as he didn't want to put it on her as he said she is to be left untouched.

If I am, wrong about this I agree with the rest of you leave the girl where she is, it would only cause a great big uproar and bidding war if they did raise her!

Attached file: gif  w s l.gif (2.22 KB)

4147_4263062d7133d.gif 96X96 px
Posted on: 2005/4/18 1:58
  •  TitanicExprt
      TitanicExprt

From In front of my computer in the United States of America
Group:
Registered Users
I'm against raising the Titanic.So man people died there and if they tried to raised the Titanic then they might destroy it in their efforts because it hs been under water for 93 years.
Humankind cannot obtain anything without first giving something in return.To obtain something of equal value must be lost.That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.FMA
Posted on: 2005/4/18 3:32
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
they would wreck her. she's like a wet book. if you are trying to pick the book up out of the puddle in order to save it then don't rip it's pages out and hang them up to dry.pick it up in one piece and then dry it
Posted on: 2005/4/21 20:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.