Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  should celine deion deserve as much credit as she gets?

Browsing this Thread:   45 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Kingron
      Kingron
Re: should celine deion deserve as much credit as she gets?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Whether or not you like Celine, you do have to give credit to her for aiding in the popularity of the song and the movie. Sissel? Do you think radio stations would give much attention to a new song by a relative unknown? For better or worse, Deion gave attention to the song and got it tons (maybe too much) airplay. This, in turn, helped propel the movie's grosses. This has happened many times in the past where a hit song has benefitted a film (and vice versa where the film boosted the album sales).

By the way, I don't know if it is in this forum or another song discussion, but Sissel did _not_ write the background score. The score was by James Horner and the song lyrics by Will Jennings and in a recent list of the top selling soundtrack albums, "Titanic" was the only true score to make the top ten (the other nine were from song track films like "Saturday Night Fever" and "Flashdance".)
Posted on: 2005/8/14 18:49
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NosieRosie wrote:
Oh, and just to point out, his name is James Horner, not Jack.. someone was talking to me as I was typing that, so that's how I came up with that one.

And, to tell the truth, I think he did a bad arrangement job on this one. I mean, I love his other songs, he's an overall great composer and song writer.. but this one wasn't good..... notes are all way out of whack.. and especially for someone with the vocals of Celine's nature. :)

Once again I agree. I responded to another thread on this topic and I say teh same in this one. The vocal version of the song is pretty bad. Though the lyrics are beautiful and moving, Celine did an awful job singing them, and the instrumentation it's self (if you can call it that) is very empty.What is there are some pretty poor choices of electronics. It was made to sound more like pop music (britney spears like) and that was a mistake (although it got them money). All other instrumental versions are beautiful though.

Jessica
Posted on: 2005/8/14 21:25
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
I personally think the song is just so dreadful that I won't even listen to it. I don't care if the Red Sox are playing in the World Series. when I hear that song my hands go automatically to mmy ears and I press them ito my head so hard that I feel like I'm deaf. then I close my eyes and imagine I'm anywhere but there listening to that song. I just hate the song and I think it gives the movie an eerie presence that it doesn't deserve. just the song *shutters* . ughhh. gives me creeps
Posted on: 2005/8/17 14:19
  •  louise
      louise

From canada
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what Celine dion thought about the song itself!

maybe we can send her an email and see what she thought of it
Posted on: 2005/8/17 15:30
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
I'd laugh if she thought it was awful.lol
Posted on: 2005/8/18 14:24

From home!! im finally home!!!
Group:
Registered Users
justin timberlake (the hottie) hates the songs he sings. i dunno why the idiot keeps singing them. im kinda into doing what u want if u know what i mean. one of my favorite sayings is "i do what i want".
Posted on: 2005/8/19 10:25
  •  edward9139
      edward9139

From New Hampshire
Group:
Registered Users
Justin Timberlake's stupid. his songs sound girly
Posted on: 2005/8/19 14:12
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carys wrote:
If you imagine the film with another sound-track the whole feeling of the film could be wrong. So for everyone who enjoyed the film they must have enjoyed the sound-track becasue it is a part of the film. It creates a mood and in my opinion was the perfect song. It has a lot of hidden depth. So I reckon Celine Dion should get credit for how she gave the song. And anyway I think she has a nice voice even if all the rest of her songs aint too good!

Carys xxx

I agree! Besides if you want to blame someone for adding the song to the film you should blame James Cameron for allowing it to the film in the first place. I on the other hand liked the song very much at the time. It was needed for the film because it allowed the film to break music chart records as well as all the other records it broke at the time...TITANIC RULES!
Posted on: 2005/8/21 7:56
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not really a fan of Celine Dion but I love this song. It was the perfect song for the movie. I don't listen to Celine Dion except for this song. And I don't think anybody should be blaming James Cameron for the movie! I'd like to see the people who say James did a bad job on the movie go out and make a better movie! Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it's a bad movie and just because you don't like the song means the song is bad. The song doesn't really make the movie bad or good.
Posted on: 2005/8/21 19:31
  •  clinton
      clinton

From London UK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jillian wrote:
I'm not really a fan of Celine Dion but I love this song. It was the perfect song for the movie. I don't listen to Celine Dion except for this song. And I don't think anybody should be blaming James Cameron for the movie! I'd like to see the people who say James did a bad job on the movie go out and make a better movie! Just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it's a bad movie and just because you don't like the song means the song is bad. The song doesn't really make the movie bad or good.

I agree wholeheartedly!
Posted on: 2005/8/22 18:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.