Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  Titanic Survivor autographed print question.

Browsing this Thread:   10 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Phil
      Phil
Titanic Survivor

From Massachusetts
Group:
Registered Users
Lillian Asplund is alive and living in her home near Worcester, Massachusetts. About 2 years ago, through her lawyer, I sold her an air conditioner at a yard sale for $25.00. He paid me by personal check signed by Lillian. I told him I didn't want to cash the check because I wanted her signature. In order not to mess up her checking system, he asked if I'd return the uncashed check to him in exchange for a handwritten letter from her thanking me for the A/C. I did. It's a letter I'll have forever.

Lillian's 97 and in frail health. She is bedridden. Her bed is by a window in the front of her home. Sometimes she'll wave to passers by, sometimes she doesn't.

Her brother, Felix (Phil) died aroung 1983. I had known him for 7 years at the time of his death and didn't know that he & his sister were on the Titanic. Neither had been willing to discuss the event.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 10:14
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Now [i:eb4d6ce6bd]that[/i:eb4d6ce6bd] is a memory to treasure. Jelle, I just noticed we need a pea-green emoticon for us to post after others tell stories like this. :wink:
Posted on: 2004/3/16 10:24
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Phil,
What an amazing story, thanks for sharing it with us. To have Lillian and her brother for neighbors, wow!
That was fast thinking on your part re: the check.

So great that she sits by the window and waves.
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/16 10:26
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever
Re: Titanic Survivor

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:698536d54d="Phil"]Lillian Asplund is alive and living in her home near Worcester, Massachusetts. About 2 years ago, through her lawyer, I sold her an air conditioner at a yard sale for $25.00. He paid me by personal check signed by Lillian. I told him I didn't want to cash the check because I wanted her signature. In order not to mess up her checking system, he asked if I'd return the uncashed check to him in exchange for a handwritten letter from her thanking me for the A/C. I did. It's a letter I'll have forever.

Lillian's 97 and in frail health. She is bedridden. Her bed is by a window in the front of her home. Sometimes she'll wave to passers by, sometimes she doesn't.

Her brother, Felix (Phil) died aroung 1983. I had known him for 7 years at the time of his death and didn't know that he & his sister were on the Titanic. Neither had been willing to discuss the event.[/quote:698536d54d]

That is so cool 8)

How did you meet her and her brother and become friends with them, was it just through the sale? :?:

It's so sad that she's not in good health.
Posted on: 2004/3/16 12:05
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
T4, being 97 period is good health I think.
Posted on: 2004/3/22 19:27
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
I have to agree 97!!! Geez hope I make it to there. There are some women in my neighborhood who are 95+ and still doing lots of things. I cannot get over it. Must be gene thing?
Betty
Posted on: 2004/3/22 20:06
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I think so - which makes it scary as my family is short-lived. But my husband's mother and all of her sisters and brothers made it into their late 90's.
Posted on: 2004/3/22 20:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.