Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  jomateu
      jomateu
The Britannic

From
Group:
Registered Users
During all this years I have been thinking about how the Titanic was a magnificent ship, but it is lost forever, except in photos, but what about to rescue the britannic, witch is sunk in Greece and still in one piece, after that why not to rebuilt it such as Titanic was in order to be a living museum, I really pay to visit it, to see to feel how Titanic was...I guess there would be plenty of clients for this museum...I personaly believe it would be the best tribute to Titanic memories rather than expropriate the Titanic and create a show of robbered objects. Live Titanic's tomb alone, and give a chance to his brother to be admire as it deserve.
Posted on: 2003/8/25 8:38
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hello Jomateu,

I think it is a good idea. Instead of picking up the objects which is human nature to do so, i think rebuilding internal sections of the Titanic like the first class dining room or part of the bridge would be good, so the size is actually a 1:1 and people can walk in it. The replica rooms should be built with the same material if they exists and atleast the same sense/smell/thickness. I think this is what you mean, i agree.

For the brinanica there was no much interest because it was way smaller and the accident did not involve as much lives. Also it was not prestigous at that time.
Posted on: 2003/8/25 12:50
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
just so you know, thats not funny.
Posted on: 2003/8/25 15:36
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:bb384cace3="Digiteen"]just so you know, thats not funny.[/quote:bb384cace3]

What isn't funny?
Posted on: 2003/8/25 22:54
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
There was some insane messages today on this board, and digiteen replied to them so he got what he wants "attention" but i didn't find all the replied to that .
Posted on: 2003/8/25 22:56
  •  Squall
      Squall

Group:
Registered Users
[quote:7b43019e69="jelle"]There was some insane messages today on this board, and digiteen replied to them so he got what he wants "attention" but i didn't find all the replied to that .[/quote:7b43019e69]

Am I right by thinking you deleted his posts? If so, couldn't you get his IP address and block him/her from the forum?
Posted on: 2003/8/25 23:30
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Yep, i got the ip and stuff, but its not a big deal. He uses dial up so his ip changes everytime the internet cuts off (modem)

i think he will stay away. If you see somebody like this around again, don't react and please notify me by personal message. Thanks.
Posted on: 2003/8/25 23:32
  •  Squall
      Squall

Group:
Registered Users
[quote:f4a4b22919="jelle"]Yep, i got the ip and stuff, but its not a big deal. He uses dial up so his ip changes everytime the internet cuts off (modem)

i think he will stay away. If you see somebody like this around again, don't react and please notify me by personal message. Thanks.[/quote:f4a4b22919]

Oh right, that sucks.

Sure thing.
Posted on: 2003/8/25 23:36
  •  jomateu
      jomateu
Rebuilding

From
Group:
Registered Users
In fact I agree with you about rebuilding sections of Titanic in a museum, but what I tried to say it is to rebuily the Britannic itself rising him from the sea and rebuildind him like Titanic was in order to make an moveable museum, I guess it is a huge task very costly but imaging the marvellous sister ship...rebuild as new just like Titanic and Olympic was...there is no better way to be involved by his greatest presence...and in way The Britannic could even cross the ocean to finish what Titanic couldn't...this moveable museum as a real money machine, plenty of people would pay to visit him, and why not to make travels...I believe this revival is the best tribute to Titanic history.
Posted on: 2003/8/26 8:18
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:966e6cdae9="jelle"]There was some insane messages today on this board, and digiteen replied to them so he got what he wants "attention" but i didn't find all the replied to that .[/quote:966e6cdae9]

Yeah, the guy was really annoying. He wouldn't leave me alone. He even said that Titanic sunk because somebody blew wind and it exploded. I think he should be very ashamed.
Posted on: 2003/8/26 12:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.