Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
What if there was no Ismay??

From California
Group:
Registered Users
If Mr. Ismay didn't own the Titanic do you think she would have built the way Thomas Andrews wanted? And could this have prevented her from sinking?
Posted on: 2005/7/22 21:42
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: What if there was no Ismay??

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Well it was him and lord piree (excuse spellings) that came up with the super liners in the first place at a dinner. If it wasnt for him then there would of been no dinner and posibly no ships.
Posted on: 2005/7/22 22:41

From Benton Harbor MI
Group:
Registered Users
It is my belief that there is foul play involved, and Bruce Ismay is not really guilty of anything except trying to best Cunyard for a title and rank; to gain public opinion and greater satisfaction for the purpose of notoriety and more passengers using their new magnificant oceanliners instead, however as I am pointing out there may have been intentional foul play.. there are mitigating circumstances and obvious mysteries surrounding the exact cause of the 'accident' that leads to suspicion.. First of and foremost are the missing binoculars at a time when they were most important for the safety of all onboard, and yet there was very little effort made in finding them. The ship should have either came to a complete stop or slowed to a nominal speed and every person questioned in a search, yet they didn't and flew blind knowing of the probability of danger in the ship's path on a moonless night and calm sea. That doesn't add up to reckless stupidity more than it does sabotage.

Secondly the ship that did not come to the Titanic's rescue yet passengers could clearly see even the small lights of the portholes less than 5 miles away, and disregarded the emergency signal flares. Again, that doesn't make sense unless that was deliberate ..somehow.

What is apparent and makes the most sense is that a conspiracy determined the fate and misfortune, and thereby precludes Mr. Ismay or anyone else that had only regard and hope for that maiden voyage. In other words Mr. Ismay's own inspirations and reluctancy was used against the man and exploit him as the main reason.

For instance, had Mr. Ismay recieved an alert of iceberg fields in the direct path and course of Titanic (a personal telegram?) who else would have possibly known he simply put it in his pocket and disregarded the danger lying in wait.. The odds were perilous, and that would have meant he was more suicidal than enterprisingly determined. Who else knew besides him and told he did such an awful thing, and had that been the truth he more than likely would have wanted to die from guilt knowing that so many faced their deaths that night..

Could he have been brainwashed?? The answer is yes, in fact he probably was. He was probably just a stool pigeon and scapegoat. The other dubious facts (mysteries) point to that deduction.
Posted on: 2005/7/26 23:17

From California
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your reply Bell and Brian.

It's no doubt that ismay wanted the ship to sink even before it was built. Andrews told him from the beginning that he needed a double hull, and steel that had no Sulfer. He could have been brainwashed to outdo everyone else.

Also that fact that Ismay HATED Andrews didn't help. Ismay being a little racist towards him made him not listen to what Andrews had to say.

And then Ismay pockets the Iceburg warning? If that is not a death wish then what is? I don't think he knew anything about the very ship is was on.

I really think you should read/listen to this book by William Barns
"I built the Titanic: Past-life Memories of a Master Shipbuilder."

I believe it shows Ismay in his true light.
Posted on: 2005/7/27 17:16
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.