Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Squall
      Squall
The Moon?!?

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
I heard somewhere that the fateful night was actually very cloudy, however, te film showed that it was a crystal clear night. I wondered whether anyone knows if the night was cloudy or clear.

Also, if they could see the moon that night, do you think that it would be quite emotional as to stare up at the moon on the anniversary (Same sort of time, too) of the tragedy of the Titanic?
Posted on: 2003/8/26 0:41
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Digiteen
      Digiteen
Re: The Moon?!?

From Isle of Wight, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:819863d3b7="Squall"]I heard somewhere that the fateful night was actually very cloudy, however, te film showed that it was a crystal clear night. I wondered whether anyone knows if the night was cloudy or clear.

Also, if they could see the moon that night, do you think that it would be quite emotional as to stare up at the moon on the anniversary (Same sort of time, too) of the tragedy of the Titanic?[/quote:819863d3b7]

My guess it that it was clear that night. Officer Murdoch said, "It's as clear as death," so I guess it must have been clear!
Posted on: 2003/8/26 12:48
  •  Squall
      Squall
Re: The Moon?!?

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:224bbc3727="Digiteen"][quote:224bbc3727="Squall"]I heard somewhere that the fateful night was actually very cloudy, however, te film showed that it was a crystal clear night. I wondered whether anyone knows if the night was cloudy or clear.

Also, if they could see the moon that night, do you think that it would be quite emotional as to stare up at the moon on the anniversary (Same sort of time, too) of the tragedy of the Titanic?[/quote:224bbc3727]

My guess it that it was clear that night. Officer Murdoch said, "It's as clear as death," so I guess it must have been clear![/quote:224bbc3727]

Is that claimed on a site? Or the film?
Posted on: 2003/8/26 22:19
  •  singerangel181
      singerangel181

From columbus ga usa
Group:
Registered Users
i dunno if it was cloudy or clear.but i wish i knew
Posted on: 2003/9/7 5:12
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
by looking at survivors accounts and the us and vritish enquries, it was a very clear, moonless night.
Posted on: 2003/9/7 12:57
  •  LightCanvas
      LightCanvas
A Clear&Moonless Night!

From
Group:
Registered Users
It was so clear&dark that stars were confused for masthead lights,causing no end of nonsense! Smith's order to his Officers was to reduce speed&shake him up if visibility decreased! The assumption was ice could be seen in time to be avoided! WRONG!! Even today,the International Ice Patrol only makes 5-6 knts. in ice areas,even with all the newest tinker toys! Also,there was the sea state-FAPP[Flat As Piss on a Plate]!! With no surf breaking on the 'Bergs,they were virtually invisible! That old Canard of no Binos for the Lookouts is just that!! That is NOT how it's done!! :P
Posted on: 2003/9/13 23:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.