Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
TITANIC LOVE STORY?

From
Group:
Registered Users
Do u think TITANIC is a true love story?

yes

no

maybe
Posted on: 2005/8/14 7:28
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Jillian
      Jillian
Re: TITANIC LOVE STORY?

From Small town in Manitoba, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic is totally a love story! James Cameron even said so himself in an interview
Posted on: 2005/8/14 16:20

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I thought the question was is it a TRUE love story. In which case, no, atleast not as in the idea of a guy called jack and a girl called rose falling in love. Maybe something like it happened, we will never know, but the one depicted in the film was made up.

Great story telling I must say

cya,
Posted on: 2005/8/14 16:32
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
It is a true love story! Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it can't exist!
Posted on: 2005/8/14 17:55

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Stop bring my personal life into this, read the damm question, he asked if the jack and rose thing really did happen on the real TITANIC. I DIDNT, for reasons brought up else where and this one,

There was NO jack dawlson on the titanic records of passengers, there was NO Rose, there where no reports of a 3rd class passenger repeatadly going into first class.

for those reasons and more the love story in the film, namely jack and rose did not happen on the real titanics maiden voyage.

James cameron told us he made it up, it was his idea, a love story he made up in his head with a historical event threaded through it.

A love story like it could happen yes ofcourse, but in april 1912 on the titancs maiden voyage it DID NOT.
Posted on: 2005/8/14 19:07

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I don't even think it could happen back in the era surrounding 1912.... I think it's a modern fictional love story threaded into a nonfictional historical event.
For many reasons, a love like that couln't have existed.. BACK THEN..... because they had sooo many social restrictions.... But, nowadays.. yea, something like that could happen. Rich girl, poor boy... definately.

But, not back then, and not on the Titanic. I think Cameron just needed an exciting love story, and an already existing couple in any class wouldn't have been exciting enough.

My Website.. Titanic: Truth, Myths and Legends
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:11

From
Group:
Registered Users
It's ok with me if u think that the story is made-up but, I think it is a true story.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:20

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I apoligise if I seem degrading to you hear, but why do you think it is true?

Do you have prrof?

I agree with noiserose about the social class restrictions and such, the 1997 film was very much a modern interpretation of a by gone eras event.

I did look around everywhere when I was a little bit younger 12 I think, I poured hours into lookin for there names and names like it, I couldnt find there names anywhere. Upon researching the real ship, I also found there was no record of this happening, so if there is no real way to find out then where did cameron find it out from. My guess is his head
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:32
  •  Jillian
      Jillian

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NosieRosie wrote:
I don't even think it could happen back in the era surrounding 1912.... I think it's a modern fictional love story threaded into a nonfictional historical event.
For many reasons, a love like that couln't have existed.. BACK THEN..... because they had sooo many social restrictions.... But, nowadays.. yea, something like that could happen. Rich girl, poor boy... definately.

But, not back then, and not on the Titanic. I think Cameron just needed an exciting love story, and an already existing couple in any class wouldn't have been exciting enough.

Well I don't agree with that. Why couldn't a love story like that happen back then? Did Jack and Rose care about social restrictions? No! It could have happened back then. 1912 wasn't that long ago you know! A love story like that can happen in any period of time.
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:34

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I think what she is gettin at is,

now adays you can get the rebelious teenager who just wants to break loose from there parents.

But back then, erm I dont think so, it was seen as inproper, to try such a thing and you just wouldnt do it. The 1997 film had to apeal to a 1997 audience, and the idea of such a love story was a descision taken by cameron, and boy did it work. Over $1.8 billion today.

A love story like that hear in 2005, yes very much so it could happen. But I wouldnt of thought so in 1912. The attitudes of jack and rose where very much of a 1997 era.

It would be nice to think it happend on the famous ship, but it didnt. I am hard pressed to think of how a love situation like that could happen now, for the reason I cant think of somewhere where a poor person is physically limited to what they can do, ie bars stoping them move around say a hotel or something.

Maybe a guy that works for a rich billionaire and the daughter begins to like him or vice versa a rich boy poor girl.

But other than that I cant think, any suggestions on a titanic like situation in modern day?
Posted on: 2005/8/15 1:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.