Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  amanda_mg42
      amanda_mg42
Titanic Disappearing?

From Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone heard about the Titanic slowly disapearing? I watched Good Morning America last week and they had a report about how the captian's lookout has bent. :(
Posted on: 2003/8/28 3:45
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  naydeen
      naydeen

From
Group:
Registered Users
Posted on: 2003/8/28 23:59
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Sadly the superstructure of Titanic will probably collapse within the next 15 years.
Posted on: 2004/1/9 22:29
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Dissappear!? WTF!?? NOOOO!!!!!!! :shock:

I don't want it to dissappear! >.<
Posted on: 2004/1/9 22:34
  •  Silja
      Silja

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, it will ultimately disappear. A pity. Lucky those who have had the chance to dive down there . . .
Posted on: 2004/1/11 2:15
  •  TitanicSinker1912
      TitanicSinker1912

From USA
Group:
Registered Users
omg oh no. that sucks! i dont want it to dissapear! its such a beautiful ship! it cant! nooooooooooo
Posted on: 2004/1/11 3:12
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
The rust will eat away at it. It will be gone, but the is to be remebered, never to be forgotten. 8)
Posted on: 2004/1/11 4:17
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users

[i:5d43934cdd]The Titanic, assailed by rust as well as by hundreds of explorers and moviemakers, salvors and tourists (including a couple who were married in a miniature submarine on its bow), is rapidly falling apart.

The world's most famous shipwreck was found in 1985 resting on the North Atlantic seabed more than two miles down, upright but split in two.

Its discoverers pronounced it in a fair state of preservation after 73 years in icy darkness and estimated that the wreck would change little in their lifetimes.

Divers who have visited the Titanic in the past decade report that its disintegration is accelerating.

The crow's nest, where a lookout warned, "Iceberg right ahead!" has vanished.

The forward mast has crumpled. The captain's cabin, where the captain was resting when the ship struck the iceberg, has collapsed as has the poop deck where passengers gathered as the liner sank.

Gaping holes have opened up in the Titanic's decks, metal walls have slumped and rivers of rust known as rusticles, which look like brownish icicles hanging from the ship's iron plates, have multiplied so fast that in some places they cover the hull.

"I was shocked," said Alfred McLaren, an ocean scientist and retired submariner who dived onto the wreck in 1999 and again last month.

"It's much more heavily deteriorated. I expected her to be in about the same shape as 1999. But, God almighty, there's more rusticles everywhere."

Paul Nargeolet, a French minisub pilot who has explored the wreck more than 30 times, said each dive revealed new damage.

"Things are going quicker and quicker," he said. Between visits, Nargeolet observed, the roof of the gymnasium had collapsed and a big hole had opened up on the boat deck, where some of the Titanic's women and children climbed into lifeboats and were lowered to safety.[/i:5d43934cdd]

I knew it would happen some day but...this is just...upsetting to me. :(
Posted on: 2004/1/11 23:39
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
nooooooooooo
Guest_Anonymous
:shock: :shock: :shock: Yes sadly the ship is disinegrating the rust is eating the ships iron. And u cant forget the ocean pressure at titanics depth. It will collapse on itself and finnish off from there noooooooooooo such a butiful lock of memory it means soooooo much to mee :shock: :!:
Posted on: 2004/1/29 23:52
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Just recently the ships gym collapsed :shock: :(
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.