Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic news
  where the hull piece is going after los angeles?

Browsing this Thread:   5 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  keepoot
      keepoot
where the hull piece is going after los angeles?

From
Group:
Registered Users
where the hull piece is going after los angeles? I'm going on my honeymoon there in feb, i kinda hope it stays.. not sure if my luck is that good
Posted on: 2003/8/29 21:52
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Squall
      Squall
Re: anyone know

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:246b22c6c5="keepoot"]where the hull piece is going after los angeles? I'm going on my honeymoon there in feb, i kinda hope it stays.. not sure if my luck is that good[/quote:246b22c6c5]

As soon as I find some information on that, I will let you kow immediately. Also, I hope you have a nice honeymoon!
Posted on: 2003/8/29 23:44
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
the exhibit s in Los Angeles until 1st september, then it will be in Tampa, Florida from 4th October 2003- march 1st 2004 :D
Posted on: 2003/8/30 1:23
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
The current RMS Titanic Artifact Exhibit schedual can be found here: http://www.titanic-online.com/rmst/rms_exhibit3.htm
Posted on: 2003/9/30 14:58
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Hi
I have a question for those who have seen the "big piece". Now I have heard you cannot touch it or take a picture of it.

Could you please explain why. I mean it had been on the bottom of the ocean for a long time, would a "touch" do something to it or a flash bulb. Or, is it displayed so that it would be dangerous to touch it. I have not seen it, so that is why I am asking.
Posted on: 2004/1/17 20:03
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I have seen the "big piece" (and it is [b:786f008394]huge[/b:786f008394]). They do have a seperate part of the "big piece" next to it and you are allowed to touch that - it's just the want to keep the bigger part of it as untouched as possible a) so it does not degenerate any more (constant touching can do an enormous amount of damage) and b) so that it stays uncorrupted for future experiments, as the slightest touch of a hand contains contaminants.
Posted on: 2004/1/17 21:17
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Luckily my parents are going to take me to the exhibit in Bermingham, Alabama around Valentine's Day. I had to beg them into it..
Posted on: 2004/2/1 0:03
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hi there,

A flash bulb degrades the colour if any at all. Museums showing expensive painting also disallows this.

A flash is a high intensity high lumens light flash
The electricity is converted to a high voltage current by using a converter circuit which makes the noise when a flash is reloading now that will be stocked up in a unit called a capacitor of the flash unit. The capacitor is like a pool of water, you fill it and can take the water out again. However it can do this very quick, quicker than the battery. So all enegery of electricity is then focused to the flash bulb in one shot for a few milliseconds.

This is a lot of energy if you take in to account how long it reloads and how short in a time, it flashes. the magnitude is 100's of times i think.

So all that engergy on to the big piece, these things cost a fortune to dig out of the ocean, any degrade in qaulity is not accepted.
Posted on: 2004/2/1 0:09
  •  HardHeartButNot4Titanic
      HardHeartButNot4Titanic
Man I'm stupid!

From
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't even know that they took that part of the ship out of the water. How about the rest of it? I would LOVE to go see that. SOrry I'm kinda stupid like that.
Posted on: 2004/2/2 18:32
  •  1996salvagemember
      1996salvagemember
I was there on the salvage effort

From
Group:
Registered Users
:D [b:6f1a7b8a25][size=18:6f1a7b8a25][/size:6f1a7b8a25] We were there in 1996, it was a salvage effort that had many problems.. We lost a lifting bag , which contain 5,000 gallon of disel fuell.. We did get the hull up , but the tail end on hurricaine EDWARD hit and the hull piece had to be cut free or the salvage boat would join the TITANIC.. we also had three survivor wwith us .. it was truely an experiance i will never forget.. I myself was on the ship ISLAND BREEZE.. the salvage was televised direct to us .. [/b:6f1a7b8a25]
Posted on: 2004/2/4 19:48
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.