Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic TV documentaries
  NEW Titanic Documentary to Air on UK History Channel!

Browsing this Thread:   5 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
NEW Titanic Documentary to Air on UK History Channel!

From
Group:
Registered Users
The debut of the latest diving expedition documentary to RMS Titanic will premiere on the British History Channel in the UK tonight. This film will follow the adventures of Rob Goldsmith, the winner of the History Channel's contest, on his experiences in visiting this wreck site. Nautical Research Group's president, David Bright, was proud to be a member of this expedition and give Rob a first-hand view of this stunning shipwreck. The film is being produced/directed/filmed by documentary expert Andrew Brooking and I was honored to be a part of his documentary.

The Titanic dive management plan using the MIR submersible was meticulously created and planned by me following a thorough debrief of our 2003 scientific research expedition to the shipwreck. I met with both Genya Cherniev and Anatoly Sagalevitch, in advance, for endorsement of my plan and then briefed my partner Rob Goldsmith and producer/director extraordinaire Andrew Brooking on the plan. Our entire dive to the ship would be a huge filming session utilizing six cameras. Genya would be filming the ship via the HD videocam that was attached to the robotic arm of MIR II. Rob Goldsmith, who was being featured by the British History Channel, so they had him come along with me as his "tutor" to show him the wreck, was using two cameras. I brought with me 3 cameras, each with a different purpose and plan. Additionally, I took the History Channel's camera and filmed pictures of Rob and Genya within the MIR. Andrew's documentary will be premiering in the United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 18th at 10:00pm; Wednesday October 19th at 1:00pm; and Saturday October 22nd at 9:00pm. Hopefully, there will be a showing of this documentary outside of the United Kingdom so we will let you know the latest developments.

Source: http://shipwreck.blogs.com October 18th, 2005
Posted on: 2005/10/18 18:21
Create PDF from Post Print
Re: NEW Titanic Documentary to Air on UK History Channel!

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome,but I'm in the U.S.A.
Posted on: 2005/10/19 1:25

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I would think they will show it on the USA history channel at some point, I recorded it on sky + tonight i shall watch it later. Should be good

cya
Posted on: 2005/10/19 2:07

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
If you find out when it is airing in the U.S can you private message me Bell?
Posted on: 2005/10/20 23:48

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
I wont be able to find out my friend sorry...just keep a look out for it..or check the web site...the programme was a uk hostory channel competiton and followed the winers dive...I enjoyed it, though it was not exactly informative...any historical footage you will probably have seen...none the less I thought it was very very good.

cya
Posted on: 2005/10/21 1:35

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I'm Rob and I was the lucky winner of the History Channel competition! Thanks to David for putting the message on here related to the programme. Just to let you know the History Channel in the UK is in talks with it's partners throughout the world about showing it, so the chances are the programme will air in the USA at some point. Details of this will appear on both the UK History Channel website and my own website www.RobGoldsmith.co.uk as and when the information becomes available. Although the documentary is very good, i'm sure everyone will appreciate that it's quite difficult to jam 25 hours worth of footage into 48 minutes! I think Andy Brooking and the rest of the crew at the History Channel did a fantastic job and i'm looking forward to seeing the raw footage that wasn't screened!

Rob Goldsmith
Posted on: 2005/10/24 12:12

From TITANIC'S DEEPERS
Group:
Registered Users
cooool
Posted on: 2005/11/15 6:31
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.