Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  is the tycoon real?? the one to marry rose?

Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  tinabriggs025
      tinabriggs025
is the tycoon real?? the one to marry rose?

From hyannis massachuttes
Group:
Registered Users
[i:f3280c0f86] :? is he real or frictional character i have done alot of searching and found nothing i couldnt even find anything on rose does anyone have any kind of information would really like to know. im new at this so please be patient with me thanks

tina :!: :!: :wink: [/i:f3280c0f86]
Posted on: 2003/9/5 22:51
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
hi Tina, Cal was fictional, as were Rose, Jack, Fabrizio, Tommy, Lovejoy etc. :wink:
Posted on: 2003/9/5 23:33
  •  tinabriggs025
      tinabriggs025
THANK YOU !!!!!!

From hyannis massachuttes
Group:
Registered Users
IM GLAD TO KNOW THAT IM GLAD YOU TOLD MEAGAIN THANKS
TINA :mrgreen: :)
Posted on: 2003/9/6 16:43
  •  singerangel181
      singerangel181

From columbus ga usa
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:a2330cc7f0="bess"]hi Tina, Cal was fictional, as were Rose, Jack, Fabrizio, Tommy, Lovejoy etc. :wink:[/quote:a2330cc7f0]
no jack and kate were real i know i searched and i found out.but i forgot the site i went to
Posted on: 2003/9/7 5:16
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
jack and rose were NOT real, i wouldnt mind if you could find the site so i could contact the owners about giving incorrect information.
Posted on: 2003/9/7 12:55
  •  Cameronhater
      Cameronhater
It breaks my heart...

From
Group:
Registered Users
... to see how many well-meaning, romantic, probably VERY young people on this website (of all places..!) seem to think that "Rose", "Jack" etc. were real people.
It breaks my heart, because there were so many - and so incredibly powerful - REAL stories of love, of human nobility, of mind-boggling self-sacrifice - to recount, but instead Mr. Cameron chose to construct a fictional love story, complete with a burlesque-show-type chase and the 100% evil "bethroted" - plus a priceless jewel!

How about choosing at least one from the nine REAL love stories on the ship? There were 9 newly wed couples aboard!
How about telling the love story of Mr. and Mrs. Strauss?
And how about all the true stories of unfathomable generosity - such as the story of the unknown teenage girl who had been sitting in the life-boat and then, on her own accord, stepped out of the boat and clibed back to the ship to cede her place to another woman, saying: "You can take my place; you have a family. I have nobody." She was never seen again. Who was she? What was she dreaming about when she embarked on the journey? She is perhaps the greatest unsung hero among many many heroes on that ship.
But to Mr. Cameron, not even the heroic music band was worth more than a passing mention and a few shots... What could have been the greatest film of all times, a monument to the human spirit at its best, is perhaps the most sorely - and expensively - squandered opportunity in the history of motion pictures.

To all those well-meaning romantics on this board (or should I say ABOARD..?:)) I would highly recommend reading the book "A Night to Remember". It's the "bible" of all Titanic research. Readable and accurate, complete with the passengers lists etc. There you will find some examples of the grandeur of human nature that you won't be likely to forget. In those TRUE stories, the word "inspiring" reaches a whole new level...

My best to all!
Posted on: 2003/9/14 1:23
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
cameronhater: i agree with you that cameron should have concentrated on the real stories, i would have liked to of seen the Allisons portrayed, Bess Allison is an ancestor of mine, and it would have been nice to see there story told.

i heard that the girl who gave up her place in the lifeboat was Edith Corse Evans, she gave up the seat to her aunt, Mrs Brown saying to her " you go first, you have children waiting at home" ironically, a few years earlier, a fortune teller had told Edith to beware of water.
Posted on: 2003/9/15 13:20
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Is the tycoon real

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
I have to agree with cameronhater and bess.The film was a wasted oppurtunity to focus on the real people . I also believe that when new people to this subject find out that 'Jack & Rose' aren't real they will probably feel extremley let down. This could cause them to give up researching something that is endlessly fascinating. Shame. :( :( :(
Posted on: 2003/9/18 0:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.