Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  1 Votes
Re: J.Bruce ismay

From Manchester England
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see how you can say stuff like that because you don't understand the situation he was in.

Some of you make petty posts, childish comments & arrogant remarks day after day.
If you had a family and were faced with the prospect of death would you not try to save you’re self even if it meant taking a place of someone else! Also there were many men saved on the Titanic that did little to help the situation even some men dressed as women & offered bribes to try to save themselves. It’s a natural instinct to try and live

I think some of you don’t really understand the Titanic situation at all.

I don't mean this to sound nasty its just I think Life & Death is a big thing & not some thing I would like to loose lightly (especialy in a freezing cold sea)
Posted on: 2005/11/29 0:01
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  jarveytoast
      jarveytoast
Re: J.Bruce ismay

From
Group:
Registered Users
I can honestly say that if I were in his shoes, I probably would have acted the same way. I hate the selfish idea of looking out only for yourself, but if you are faced with certain death.........how tempted would you be to take that one step that can change your fate??? I know it would be more than tempting for me. I can not sit in judgement of Ismay when I would probably do the same thing.

What about those men who dressed up as women to get into a lifeboat.......show me the honor in that??? But can you blame the men when they are the ones being denied boarding a lifeboat?
Remember, "Women and Children FIRST!"
The promose of certain death can motivate people to act differently than they normally would. In my mind, what ever it takes to survive.......that's the attitude I would have.
Posted on: 2006/2/2 22:31
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.