Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  15 Votes
King Kong VS. Titanic

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
We as Titanic fans should be worried. King Kong has stolen the hearts of millions and some people say that it will take Titanic's place as number one blockbuster. Are we just gonna stand there with our mouths gaping open and say NOTHING about how we feel about this? COME ON! We love Titanic and should support it always and forever.
Posted on: 2005/12/15 2:03
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  GooseGrl172
      GooseGrl172
Re: King Kong VS. Titanic

From Maryland
Group:
Registered Users
I've already started a thread on this topic.
Posted on: 2005/12/15 17:52
  •  boats752
      boats752

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Titanic65 wrote:
We as Titanic fans should be worried. King Kong has stolen the hearts of millions and some people say that it will take Titanic's place as number one blockbuster. Are we just gonna stand there with our mouths gaping open and say NOTHING about how we feel about this? COME ON! We love Titanic and should support it always and forever.

ya need to get a grip here..its only a MOVIE!! who cares who the number 1 all time movie will be..they acted the same way with star wars in the 70s and when it finally got beat, guess what? the world survived, I watched Titanic the other day again, and although its still good, I found myself seeing it as a bit cheesy in a few spots, as for king kong being number 1..well more power to them, i doubt it but ya never know its always interesting to see what will make it to the top, and when titanic finally sinks (pun intended) to number 2 the world will keep spinning..JC really hit a winner with it, but I would like to see a movie on the Bismarck as only he could do it, and im sure it would be a big one as well
Posted on: 2005/12/16 14:27

From Santo domingo,DR and New york
Group:
Registered Users
King kong is good as titanic
Posted on: 2005/12/16 21:12

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Titanic65 wrote:

Who wants to see still yet another stupid remake about a stupid big ape!?! As far as I'm concerned, nothing more can be done to even improve on this silly story.

TITANIC is better than KKrocks!!!

MA
Posted on: 2005/12/16 21:29

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
I think you need to get a grip. Being mean to other people is not going to help you do anything. This website is dedicated to Titanic and are you not a fan? Cause if you're not, you are on the wrong website, my friend. I'm sorry if I was being a drama queen, but you need to SHUT YOUR MOUTH if you are just looking for a fight. If not and you think I'm realy weird, then I apologize for being a Titanic fan.
Posted on: 2005/12/17 3:34
  •  boats752
      boats752

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Titanic65 wrote:
I think you need to get a grip. Being mean to other people is not going to help you do anything. This website is dedicated to Titanic and are you not a fan? Cause if you're not, you are on the wrong website, my friend. I'm sorry if I was being a drama queen, but you need to SHUT YOUR MOUTH if you are just looking for a fight. If not and you think I'm realy weird, then I apologize for being a Titanic fan.

oh if ya want mean, thats not a problem, I can get that way in a heartbeat, I just dont let the movie rule my life if you reread my post there is not one personal attack against anybody on here, possibly my reaction to some of this is my shock on all the "what ifs, and where as" I have seen on this, yeah titanic made 600 million, but why get worked up over it maybe falling? its a dated movie, it was good for its time and still is, but nothing lasts forever, and if people think im being mean , maybe im hitting a little too close to home. I have been a titanic fan for 30 years, and very little of my interest has come from a over done hollywood flick, which is loaded with mistakes, and a cheap romance, its from reading real accounts, and seeing the actual relics of the great ship, and what her REAL story represented
Posted on: 2005/12/17 4:47

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
What possible difference does it make?

IF titanic gets beaten, what is peter jackson going to do? laugh at james cameron, will anyone loose sleep over this?

Will universal pictures call fox and paramount to gloat.......some how i do not think so. Kong must exceed over $1.8 billion. Now it wont get to this mark untill the dvd is out etc and i am not sure if they count revenue from the game, i do not think so. Anyway it will be a year before we really do know if it has. Peter Jacksons lord of the rings grossed in total about 2.7 billion, or just over it average was around 900 million, so we are counting on king kong macking more than return of the king and the two towers put together to beat Titanic.

Aploligies for any inacuracies with the films grosses but am fairly certain that was roughly correct.

But the fact of the matter is............does it really matter to the motion picture viewer?
Posted on: 2005/12/17 21:46

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
Bell, I am REALLY sorry. And no, that is not saracasm. You have always been nice to me, and I take what you say to heart, now boats on the other hand has a very mean way of saying that I have obsession problems. Yes, Boats, Titanic rules my life, but you know nothing about me, including my age, home, or life. I could be a six year old, a nine year old, a thirteen year old, a seventeen year old, a twenty-one year old or so on. I could live anywhere in the United States, and you have no clue how I have grown up. Bell, thank you for the information, it seems like you always have some facts for every forum and that impresses me. You are very amazing to gather up information and put it in the places it belongs. Sorry to all those that have to hear me brag on Bell, a lot of you amaze me in different ways. We are all very special in our lives Boats, you're special too, but I would appreciate if you would be a little nicer. I am sorry that I have offended you and hope that you will forgive me. I don't want to cause trouble anywhere and hope that you will respect my wish to make friends here and talk about my favorite movie.
Posted on: 2005/12/18 3:15

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Apologies no need my friend you just take your favorite film to heart and I absolutely understand that.

Boats.......I think saying 'ya need to get a grip' well...perhaps but you could put it a little less hostile you know. Still, it’s a topic that titanic 65 has an opinion on and felt the need to bring it to the attentions of all members and it’s the member’s choice to answer in whichever way. My opinion was does it really matter? Yours seemed, well I would say hostile but in actual fact it wasn’t that bad an attack, still titanic 65 took it in such a way and I see why. Don’t think telling anyone to get a grip will gain you many friends and yes, you may not be looking to make any, however curticy makes everyone’s experiences on this site far more enjoyable.

Again I find my self saying this, if you have nothing constructive to say then don’t participate. If a thread 'appears' to be rubbish then just steer clear, there’s no point in causing arguments.

Merry Christmas everyone
Posted on: 2005/12/22 16:34
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.