Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  amanda_mg42
      amanda_mg42
Floating Museum

From Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
How would this sound? Build a exact replica of the Titanic when she was fist built and have it docked somewhere for a museum. So people can go and see what it was like before Titanic sank.
Posted on: 2003/9/15 0:23
Create PDF from Post Print

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

Since so many aspects of Titanic have not been adequately documented, in my view there could be no 'real' replica even if some method could be found to bypass modern safety regulations -- the kind that don't like masses of untreated wood and furnishings that would go up in flames very rapidly.

Best regards,

Mark.
Posted on: 2003/9/15 8:33
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Actually I always thought that was what James Cameron should have done with the ship from the movie, although if i read it correctly in his book it was only part of the ship? But if he had finished it, it would have been a great floating museum since all the reproductions of the original Titanic were in it?
Posted on: 2004/1/30 0:03
  •  cartirlfanatic
      cartirlfanatic
Re: Floating Museum

From Tx
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:13e9169149="amanda_mg42"]How would this sound? Build a exact replica of the Titanic when she was fist built and have it docked somewhere for a museum. So people can go and see what it was like before Titanic sank.[/quote:13e9169149]

It will cost too much to build, but the next best thing is the QM2. That ship is enormous and is really a first class palace on water.
Posted on: 2004/1/30 19:12
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: Floating Museum
Guest_Anonymous
i have a freind who is travelling on the QM2, apparently, the other passengers a vulgar and they dont serve enough bread lol
Posted on: 2004/1/30 19:18
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Although the Titanic is unique u know its wood hand carved it being unsinkabe its truly one of a kind. But yes i do agree making a replaca of the ship is not a bad idea i would absolutly love to see the woodwork dome lounge heck i want to own one!!! But y not use the model used in the movie? Of course any replaca could not replace the real thing The real one also has its dramatic story....................
Posted on: 2004/1/30 23:51
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Now of course the queen mary 2 is elegant but who in their right mind wouldnt sail on a replica of the gratest ocean liner in history!!!!!!!1 :D :shock: :D :) :o
Posted on: 2004/1/30 23:54
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to sail on or visit a replica of Titanic. To be able to see Titanic as she once was.

Bess, is that really true were some of the passengers on the QM2 vulgar. How terrible
Posted on: 2004/1/31 0:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.