Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Will
      Will
Unused Ticket for the Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
Paul Lee, a forum member on the Encyclopedia-Titanica.com, posted this and I thought it worth while to bring it to the attention of our members. There exists one ticket for the Titanic maiden voyage and information about it is available at ...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3196011.stm
... I found it interesting, and thought you might too.
If this is posted in the wrong area, I trust our moderators will find it a proper home.
Will
Posted on: 2003/10/10 19:53
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i voted for the top one, i dont see the point in a museum having something like that and not letting anyone see it. it reminds of little children saying, "i've got the most expensive toy in the world, but your not seeing it"
Posted on: 2003/10/12 12:02
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Ticket

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
I agree that such an historic item should be on public display.
It is also nice that for a change it is in the uk. Perhaps it could tour the country for next 6000 years before finaly going to America for their enjoyment!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2003/10/12 13:33
  •  Will
      Will
Re: Ticket

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:61e096e8b8="The Foxes"]I agree that such an historic item should be on public display.
It is also nice that for a change it is in the uk. Perhaps it could tour the country for next 6000 years before finaly going to America for their enjoyment!!!!!!!!! [/quote:61e096e8b8]
Oh, yeah, sure, ... gonna make me wait that long to see it? Wait a minute, I might not live that long, better check my lineage and find out if we are long-lived or not. Nope, don't think I can hang around that long, better see to it that it gets over to the U.S. shortly, or I may miss it completely, but of course, if the museum doesn't change its mind(?), we might all miss the opportunity of viewing it. Petition the museum for change, and tell them your thoughts on the matter. Why put it in archive where it will not be available for the public to see?
IMHO
Will
Posted on: 2003/10/13 20:00
  •  Squall
      Squall

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
I have maintined the 100% mark. It's obvious to those o you that have already voted, but I have also voted for the top one.

Why keep it locked away? We have things in museums, so why should this be kept away? It's apart of history.
Posted on: 2003/10/13 21:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.