Guest_Anonymous
:?: What leads you to believe that :?:
Posted on: 2002/10/16 12:41
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
the titanic sunk by hitting an iceburg
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:d1f27cd6cb="pirate"]Is it possible the Titanic could have been sunk intentionally?[/b][/quote:d1f27cd6cb]
Posted on: 2002/10/19 5:12
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
response to comment
Guest_Anonymous
What do you have to prove this theory?
Is this just some sort of , "what if " ?
If you have some proof to support this , show it !
Posted on: 2002/10/19 8:01
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Re: response to comment
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:8422bbf1ad="gmg"]What do you have to prove this theory?
If you have some proof to support this , show it ![/quote:8422bbf1ad]

There is no proof

So Forget about it

It Was SUNK BY AN ICEBERG
Posted on: 2002/10/23 13:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
:?: what are you talkin about Titanic sunck cuz it hit some thing be side's have you read any of the books if it would have missed the ice burg it was going to run right in to an ice feaild well so i heard i dont know if its true or not :?:
Posted on: 2002/10/26 2:22
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:d5bc7a5c45="gmg"]What do you have to prove this theory?
If you have some proof to support this , show it ![/quote:d5bc7a5c45]

I dont think that the titanic was sunk on purpose i think it was an accident becuase the man did not slow down who was driving after that captin went to bed i am not putting your thought down it might have been sunk on purpose
Posted on: 2002/10/27 19:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:e5ad85e948="Anonymous"]:?: what are you talkin about Titanic sunck cuz it hit some thing be side's have you read any of the books if it would have missed the ice burg it was going to run right in to an ice feaild well so i heard i dont know if its true or not :?:[/quote:e5ad85e948]

yer thats kind of true, there was a lot of ice around, and she would have proberbly stopped for the night if she came across it, but the ice would not have been as big as the iceburg she hit, and proberbly would not have sunk.
Posted on: 2002/10/31 10:05
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
I dont think that the titanic was sunk on purpose i think it was an accident becuase the man did not slow down who was driving after that captin went to bed i am not putting your thought down it might have been sunk on purpose

the man who was first officer murdoch was indeed sailing the ship but was not told to slow down, in fact told to keep an eye out for the iceburgs, thats interesting about being sunk on purpose, iv never heard that one before!!!
Posted on: 2002/10/31 10:27
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Sunk on purpose...?
Guest_Anonymous
What none of you mention is that when Titanic left port she was actually suffering a coal bunker fire. Two of the coal bunkers in the bowels of the ship had caught alight about 2 days before she steamed for France and as was common practise in those times the best way to put out the fire (the only way infact) was to burn the alight coal in the boilers - hence the coal stokers were tasked with using the alight coal as fast as they could. To keep up this heavy need for coal Titanic had to make maximum speed and as a result the Captains orders were to maintain full steam ahead. This fact is well documented. The later iceberg threat was not ignored but was deemed not as important as the first class passenger telegrams - the wireless operators had even told a ship warning them of the ice to shutup and get off the air as they were interupting their telegram sending. This coupled with an arrogance about the safety of the ship and the need to make full speed made Titanic a disaster waiting to happen as she entered the iceberg area. The final problem was also that her rudder was infact too small so she turned very badly - very slowly - and was most unresponsive compared to other smaller ships of her day. Hence on sighting the iceberg she couldn't turn out of its way in time. The ironic thing is had she hit it head on her compartments would have saved her - she would have stayed afloat and been forced to slow down and limp into New York... Alas that did not happen. She was the victim of terrible circumstance and was certainly not sunk on purpose.
Posted on: 2002/11/8 0:10
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.