Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:78e59a503a="titanic over"]It could've been sunk intensionally. Think about the book written about the Titan: that ship struck an iceberg, it didn't have enough life boats and it sunk in the atlantic. Maybe Titanic was built to teach a lesson of enough lifeboats and always keep you radio on.[/quote:78e59a503a]

so your saying that they spent a fortune building a ship, just to sink it, taking thoushands of people with it just to prove a point? somehow i cant see that happening, why would Harland & Wolff agree to build a ship for that purpose? and i really cant see captain Smith agreeing to kill himself and a load of people just to prove a moral point. they didn't know there was going to be an iceberg there so if they intended to sink it, they would of had to have built it weakly and then deliberately rammed it into the iceberg, i can just imagine Fleet ringing the bridge and saying "theres a nice big juicy iceberg coming up" and then Murdoch rubbing his hands together and thinking, 'oh great now i'm going to die and take all these people with me, just so everyone else will learn to have enough lifeboats on board" it doesn't quite add up does it?
Posted on: 2004/2/11 17:41
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
I do not believe that White Star Line would sink the ship just to collect on insurance. Was this just because J.P. Morgan did not sail on Titanic on her maiden voyage?

This is another rumor I read: "Californian's Captain Lord ignored the Titanic's request for help because he too was in on the switch(give me a break) and knew that eventually all passengers would be rescued by other White Star Line ships in the area(who by the way) were also in on the switch.

But when Robert Ballard found the Titanics stern bridge's helm indicator stamped 401, this was prrof as to which ship was on the bottom. Official Harland & Wolff construction records gave Titanic number 401 and Olympic 400?
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/11 19:06
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I always loved the one about Captain Lord ignoring the rockets to get back at White Star - when he applied for a job there with his Extra Master's Certificate, they only offered him a Master's job. What drivel!
Posted on: 2004/2/11 19:08
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:21e57e949e="bess"][quote:21e57e949e="titanic over"]It could've been sunk intensionally. Think about the book written about the Titan: that ship struck an iceberg, it didn't have enough life boats and it sunk in the atlantic. Maybe Titanic was built to teach a lesson of enough lifeboats and always keep you radio on.[/quote:21e57e949e]

so your saying that they spent a fortune building a ship, just to sink it, taking thoushands of people with it just to prove a point? somehow i cant see that happening, why would Harland & Wolff agree to build a ship for that purpose? and i really cant see captain Smith agreeing to kill himself and a load of people just to prove a moral point. they didn't know there was going to be an iceberg there so if they intended to sink it, they would of had to have built it weakly and then deliberately rammed it into the iceberg, i can just imagine Fleet ringing the bridge and saying "theres a nice big juicy iceberg coming up" and then Murdoch rubbing his hands together and thinking, 'oh great now i'm going to die and take all these people with me, just so everyone else will learn to have enough lifeboats on board" it doesn't quite add up does it? [/quote:21e57e949e]

just saying it might happen, and the person wanted to know if it sunk intensionally.
Posted on: 2004/2/11 23:36
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i know you were just saying, and i was just saying i think it most definately was not sunk intentionally.
Posted on: 2004/2/12 2:12
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.