Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  aj
      aj
Hello - About time there was a forum like this

From New England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi! About time there was a forum like this. I was interested in _Titanic_ before the 1997 film- I actually saw _A Night to Remember_ with 3 survivors in the theatre (one next to me!) in the early 90's. When I heard the 1997 film was coming out, I thought, 'What, fictional characters in a romance! Argh!' But, watching it, I kept saying, 'FINALLY, they got that right! Look, they showed the ship breaking in too! Aha, they got that part right too!' and found that the fictional characters gave cohesion to the fractured snippets from multiple witnesses you get in most accounts. Visited some museums to see artifacts, and saw the travelling exhibit. Wish the witness I sat next to had heard the whistle get blown-- she died before this was possible and remarked that it didn't sound like in ANTR. Most recently, saw the IMAX movie, still playing here.

Glad to meet fellow enthusiasts.
Posted on: 2003/10/20 3:45
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Hi

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,
I thought that someone should respond. Welcome and happy posting. I have only joined recently and have found the other members to be very freindly and helpful.
I also saw the Imax movie with my daughter. We thought that it was excellent. A bonus for me was the old photos that had been 3D'd (not English I know but I can't think straight at the moment!!) we thought that these gave a very good idea of how the ship looked to the passengers.
Best wishes,
Fox Senior
Posted on: 2003/10/22 22:37
  •  Squall
      Squall
Re: Hi

From Near London, England
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:d59c99ed53="The Foxes"]and have found the other members to be very freindly and helpful.
Fox Senior[/quote:d59c99ed53]

He is referring to me in the quote :D :P

[size=9:d59c99ed53]Joke. People here are all nice and friendly.[/size:d59c99ed53]
Posted on: 2003/10/29 0:58
  •  Sniwe
      Sniwe
Re: Hi

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:73358c5aed="The Foxes"]A bonus for me was the old photos that had been 3D'd (not English I know but I can't think straight at the moment!!) we thought that these gave a very good idea of how the ship looked to the passengers.
Best wishes,
Fox Senior[/quote:73358c5aed]

And I thought I was the only one! I was really happy to see those pictures (that I've seen a million times) in the movie. I felt like I was right there.
Posted on: 2003/11/29 23:22
  •  TitanicSinker1912
      TitanicSinker1912

From USA
Group:
Registered Users
yeah..i was so happy wen i found this forum..its also the 1 place ic an go where ppl rnt always sayin "lronardo dicaprio is so stupid and ugly" im glad every here has good taste!
Posted on: 2004/1/12 1:57
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.