Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Bess,
I know this is an "old" post, but can you remember why the radio station said Titanic was the worst movie?

IMO, I think Cameron was just trying to bring Titanic back, so to speak and did it through a love story. An angle which I think did work? I read he was very thorough in getting Titanic the ship just right and the story of Titanic but some things were a little far fetched. Jack and Rose in the boiler room, Jack in 1st class. But basically i love the film
Posted on: 2004/2/19 10:56
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  cartirlfanatic
      cartirlfanatic

From Tx
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:754ff754f5="Teamtunafish"]My main problem with the thing was the story was [i:754ff754f5]very[/i:754ff754f5] unlikely - from his being able to sneak into First Class in the first place (a violation of health rules that would have gotten the entire ship quarantined off Ellis Island for two weeks, and cost the company mucho bucks, which was why they were so vigilant about it) to the idea a young lady of that era and class would give her "greatest treasure" to a man she met the day before and without mariage. Rose was a 1990 girl in 1912, is the basic difficulty. That's why I disliked it.[/quote:754ff754f5]

I know that it would be almost impossible (never say never) for a 3rd class passenger to be on first class decks, but what if a First class passenger (if out of their curiosity) went below to third class? I'm curious?
Posted on: 2004/2/26 3:04
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Starry,
I like your list of "things never to do"<LOL> I agree

Cartil,
Probably nothing would happen to lst class, after all, they would just be observing? But 3rd class would be intruding?
Posted on: 2004/2/26 14:30
  •  The Foxes
      The Foxes
Titanic movie

From Near Southend-on-Sea, England
Group:
Registered Users
Who voted the movie the worst of all time?, Was it all of the people who have seen it?, Was it only those who disliked it enough to bother voting, whilst those who liked it didn't vote?, What was the question?, How representative was the sample of opinion?, etc, etc, etc.
Opinion polls normaly serve the purpose of those who set them up.
Posted on: 2004/4/21 1:25
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.