Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
new titanic programme
Guest_Anonymous
from the gaurdian:

Now, ITV, which has trailed in producing this kind of work, confirms it is testing the concept with a 2431.8m, 90-minute special on the construction of the Titanic in a Belfast shipyard. Bill Jones, Granada's controller of factual programming, thought up the idea and sold it as a co-production with Discovery, a first for ITV.

He has a researcher in Belfast to dig up real stories. Dozens of men and boys were killed or maimed in the process of building the giant ship and some of the shipbuilders drowned when the Titanic sank on its maiden voyage. Jones is putting together a team of drama writer, producer and computer designers for a four-month planning period.

The programme must be driven by narrative, he says. "It can't just be a story about engineering. The value of doing it this way is that you can enter a pre-archive era, and tell stories in a completely different way. We don't intend to be seduced by computer graphics, they should simply be an element. But the special effects will enable us to show how metal changes and rusts in the cold, wet air of Belfast."
Posted on: 2003/11/30 12:16
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Silja
      Silja

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info. Perhaps I can get a friend to tape it for me when it will be shown on TV. :)
Posted on: 2003/11/30 21:20
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for that. But I don't have ITV. :(
Posted on: 2003/11/30 22:02
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:c5ac7772b0="Raven"]Thanks for that. But I don't have ITV. :([/quote:c5ac7772b0]

as well as going out on ITV here in the UK it will be going out on Discovery in America and Worldwide.
Posted on: 2003/12/1 0:01
  •  Sniwe
      Sniwe

From
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking forward to this program. It sounds like it will be different from the usual Titanic documentaries (not that I don't enjoy them). Does anyone know approximately when this will be airing? I'd like to keep an eye out for it. :)
Posted on: 2003/12/1 3:13
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:ccceeb0167="carla"]I'm looking forward to this program. It sounds like it will be different from the usual Titanic documentaries (not that I don't enjoy them). Does anyone know approximately when this will be airing? I'd like to keep an eye out for it. :)[/quote:ccceeb0167]

i think it will be aired in early 2005, not sure though
Posted on: 2003/12/19 13:49
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
Early 2005? :shock: Well I gotta a little over a year to wait then...
Posted on: 2003/12/19 16:31
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:56b54d4352="Raven"]Early 2005? :shock: Well I gotta a little over a year to wait then...[/quote:56b54d4352]

i know, its a long time but the film is still in its very early stages, and they said it would take at least 15 months to make. i'll try to find the planned date for airng it :)
Posted on: 2003/12/19 20:30
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
there is a new Titanic movie out by James Cameron. its screens at IMAX in Australia only as far as i know, but it is called
Titanic 3D: Ghosts Of The Abyss
its looks pretty good. :D
Posted on: 2003/12/21 3:38
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:12bcc8304d="jackandroseforever"]there is a new Titanic movie out by James Cameron. its screens at IMAX in Australia only as far as i know, but it is called
Titanic 3D: Ghosts Of The Abyss
its looks pretty good. :D[/quote:12bcc8304d]

i think it was shown over here earlier in the year, i never got the oppurtunity to see it though let me know what its like if you see it
Posted on: 2003/12/21 13:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.