Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Megantic06
      Megantic06
Why place blame?

From
Group:
Registered Users
How can we really place blame on someone for the sinkage of the titanic. let's look at it from their perspective: Its easy for us to say "they shouldve listened to those warnings", yes thats true, they shouldve. but think about it this way, the telegraphing system itself was new, in the past ships had come and gone and there werent numerous ships hitting iceburgs and sinking, so what was the difference now? another comment is "they shouldnt have been so cocky about the ship" no, they shouldnt. but its human nature. the ship was a strong ship. infact, if it wouldve only hit from the front, it wouldve only caused three compartments to flood and the ship wouldve stayed afloat.

But they acted in panic, just as any other human being. it couldve been corrected, couldve been fixed, but it happened and i say we shouldnt place blame now.
Posted on: 2003/12/14 7:36
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Raven
      Raven

From ..Stalker..O.o;;
Group:
Registered Users
I kinda agree with you...but like you said it's human nature to brag about something, it's also human nature to blame people for something that happened over 70 years ago. They just want to say they're opinion, they want people to know who they think is responsible for the sinking of Titanic.

I really can't find anyone to blame. It wasn't really anyone's fault, even though the sinking could have been predicted. Like the book written by the American writer, called "Titan". It practically GAVE the future away, if some people had actually paid attention to the book. And when Titanic was leaving port, the New York almost crashing into it was another hint. Those two hints were good enough to predict the sinking, but no one noticed them probably. They just thought nothing of them. And now..the Titanic lies at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Yet I still find no one to blame...except the iceberg..I blame the iceberg!
Posted on: 2003/12/14 7:53
  •  Megantic06
      Megantic06

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote="Raven"]

I really can't find anyone to blame. It wasn't really anyone's fault, even though the sinking could have been predicted. Like the book written by the American writer, called "Titan". It practically GAVE the future away, if some people had actually paid attention to the book. And when Titanic was leaving port, the New York almost crashing into it was another hint. Those two hints were good enough to predict the sinking, but no one noticed them probably. They just thought nothing of them. And now..the Titanic lies at the bottom of the Atlantic.
quote]

Well yea, it did kind of give it away, but, if you didnt know that the titanic sank, you wouldnt think about a book that had been written in 1892 i dotn think.. who knows?

lol i blame the iceburg too :wink:
Posted on: 2003/12/15 2:11
  •  jackandroseforever
      jackandroseforever

From Australia
Group:
Registered Users
errrr........
i blame the iceberg
Posted on: 2003/12/15 5:38