Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  7th officer
      7th officer

From NC, USA
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:590d8fd2dc="bess"][quote:590d8fd2dc="titanic over"]It is rare book but it's called [i:590d8fd2dc]The sinking of Titianic and great sea disasters[/i:590d8fd2dc] Copyright 1912.[/quote:590d8fd2dc]

thanks, i'll keep a look out for it. after spending a long time doing research into the lives of the officers i personally dont think any of them shot themselves, maybe a crew member who was mistaken for a officer but not one of the actual officers. but if you think will murdoch did shot him self then that is your opinion and thats fine :D[/quote:590d8fd2dc]

I am very familair with that book as I used to own a first edition of it (yellow cover with an oval photgraph of a sinking ship glued on it). Sadly I was offered a price I couldn't refuse and sold it a year or so ago......

Anyway, it was a pretty good book considering it was one of those 'reaction' things put out in the wake of a disaster. I do seem to recall an eyewitness account of Officer Murdock shooting himself. And interestingly there was a couple of eyewitness accounts--and a pretty good eyewitness drawing of Titanic breaking in half before she went down--a theory that was also doubted for many years.
Actually, I do believe book has been reprinted in paperback in recent years minus the other great sea disasters--now only containing the Titanic parts.

And getting back to this thread....
The movie should have been named "Heart of the Ocean" as it was just a good love story [i:590d8fd2dc]set[/i:590d8fd2dc] on Titanic. That title would have been very appropriate, but I can see why it was named 'Titanic'...to make sure all us nuts were sure to see it. The title 'Titanic' would make you think it would be a more general film though.
Posted on: 2004/3/5 18:46
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic_2004
      Titanic_2004
Re: "Titanic" lets see how ya feel about this one

From UK
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:ebc38b4767="Megantic06"]they shouldve just showed things like all the classes,things like taht, and not came up with fictional characters in my opinion.[/quote:ebc38b4767]

Well, from what I understand the only fictitional characters are Rose, Cal, Cal's lacky, Rose's mum, Jack [though it later came out there was apparently a J Dawson on the ship] plus his two mates [fabrizio, I can't recall the name of the other one at this time], all the others [Molly Brown, Captain Smith, Murdoch etc] were real people.

I feel the film was more about the human eliment of the disaster, what the people were going through in the final minutes and what lessons were learnt rather than just about the ship. I can not watch the scene of the lifeboat going around the sea of bodies without been affected. It's a tragedy that should never of happened.

Helen
Posted on: 2004/3/5 22:47
Create PDF from Post Print
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.