Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.
why do you like titanic?

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
why do you like "TITANIC" and what got you interested in it?
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/7/24 23:02
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King
Re: why do you like titanic?

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
The people and the ship.
Posted on: 2006/7/24 23:12
  •  Vanishing Nightmare
      Vanishing Nightmare

From Kentucky, United States
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic is one of Olympic's daughters so this is why I looked into the Titanic in the first place and has the MOST information than any other ship. Titanic is a very beautiful ship, yes there was alot of engeinnering problems with it =/ but despite that the Titanic was a very beautiful ship! She looked alot like her mother in so many ways it is both sad she is down in the bottom of the Ocean and good.

Bad because people died that night and such a beautiful ship had to go under especailly on her Madien Voyage that is a terrible thing =*(

Good though because Titanic is still apart of our world I wish like CRAZY that Olympic was still here... i'd die to her once. Just once but there is no way to turn back time to see her. Titanic is both unlucky and luck to be here as well as the Britannic.

Over all though I wish she had never sank, never had the problems she did though no one would have heard her name like they have today if everything ran smoothy but I rather that then all the souls that was lost that night as well as other ships. It is a terrible thing when you get on a beautiful wonder such as an Oceanliner and then you struggle to surivive and try to get away from it =*(

Titanic is one of my favorite of ships I had read about she is a very sweet gal. Just wish things went better for her and her Madien Voyage crew and passengers =/

So Dancing on Titanic, Why do you like it? We'd love to hear your reasons as well!

-Cricket Korta'Ari-
Posted on: 2006/7/25 3:07
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
well it started out i wanted to play my heart will go on on the piano and so i learned it and then i thought i wanted to watch the movie so i did and i fell in love with it.and i guess i just love the storys it tells.
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
Posted on: 2006/7/25 4:13
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
I just wanted to watch it because I have never seen it. I wanted to see it and look where I ended up.
Posted on: 2006/7/25 19:26

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Somewhat of a quote from ghosts of the abyss:

'The titanic story is very personal to each person that hear's it, this massive ship in the middle of the atlantic, all these people, only half can survive'. In the words of james cameron 'you couldnt have written it better', tragic though that it actually did.

Loss of Titanic was a collection of mistakes and error's (to say it was just bad luck isnt really a strong argument). The accident that Olympic suffered only added to the white star lines ego that their ship was unsinkable, as such leading the crew and it's passengers into a false sence of security. This therefor I suppose you could argue making them less 'on the ball' as it where.

The 1997 film sky rocketed the ships popularity and the publics thrist for more about it. I myself when i saw the movie at age 7 was very taken in by the story (more so the ship and the people rather than jack and rose) and since then iv kept up a healthy intrest.

The whole thing about each persons story, the time, the other ships it makes for a lot of reading and learning :)
Posted on: 2006/7/26 14:35
  •  warriorinlace
      warriorinlace

From
Group:
Registered Users
Goodness gracious am I the oldest one here?!

Martyn you are the same age as my youngest daughter. I went to see the movie when she was seven!

Now back to the thread, I have a myriad of reasons for my love of Titanic that stem way back before the movie. I have always had a love for people and what greater story than Titanic. I am really also inspired by the fashion, jewellery and decor not to mention the old world charm of the era. The sea draws me in as well, it is just an amazing part of our world and I can't really put into words the effect it has on me. So I guess Titanic really ties together a lot of things that I cherish.

My family and friends accuse me of being obsessed, but I'm not, well maybe just a little. I even tell people that I collected my Husband from Southampton (which is true)
Posted on: 2006/7/27 2:36

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Lol, well it is reversed for me, it's my parent's who think I am strange , still not as if I care lol.
Posted on: 2006/7/27 14:41
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
i am strange.
Posted on: 2006/7/27 16:04
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
My mom thinks I am crazy. You know with the Titanic and my movie ideas. I just ignore her.
Posted on: 2006/7/27 16:15
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.