Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Dabronxbombers87
      Dabronxbombers87
Tie up to ICEBERG

From
Group:
Registered Users
Could the Titantic have attempted to get people onto the iceberg and wait for the carpathia? I mean if the iceberg was the right height they most likley could have done that.. I wonder if that ever crossed anyones mind?...hundreds of lives could have been saved..
Posted on: 2004/1/18 3:45
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  SusanVA
      SusanVA

From VA
Group:
Registered Users
Very interesting question. I had read something about this once, but it was years ago. Anyone have any answers to this one ;).
Posted on: 2004/1/18 4:25
  •  titanic over
      titanic over

From
Group:
Registered Users
Reasons No.

1. so darn cold
2. wouldn't most thing a giant liner over an iceberg
3. they couldn't of sent distress calls going that fast and still get to the iceberg.
4. waking the passengers would take too long
5. berg fractions may break off killing many
6. 2227 people could not have fit on one berg
7.peole knocking others off for ore room
8. anarchy
9. sharp parts of the berg
10. what if you had to go to the bathroom?
Posted on: 2004/1/18 4:41
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
someone asked this question a while ago which i commented on, and to be honest it really annoys me when people ask questions like these!
Dabronxbombers87-please tell me your young because, no offence but i really cant believe people would be dim enough to think this as an option. icebergs are formed of compacted snow, the inner core of the ice is very compacted and very very heavy as well as cold. the outer snow and ice is not hardly compacted at all and while its not as cold as the centre its enough to kill a human. icebergs are not stable in the water, i cant think how they would get on to it in the first place but supposing they did, they would fall into the snow, rather than sitting on top of it, they would be nearer to the core of the berg which would freeze them to death, the movement of the people would make the iceberg roll causing the outer snow and ice to fall of in chunks, taking plenty of people with them. and for those who are left will be dead in minutes because the cold of the icberg would freeze them to it and they would die of hypothermia and frostbite, which isnt very nice.

so, after my long lecture, if anyone has been patient enough to read it all the way through, they would just be swapping dying in the water to dying on an iceberg.
Posted on: 2004/1/18 11:13
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.