Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic historic
  who's fault was it that the titanic sank?

Browsing this Thread:   218 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  30 Votes
Re: who's fault was it that the titanic sank?

From
Group:
Registered Users
something that some people don't get is that the wireless operators were not payed by or employed by the white star line but they were indeed employed by the Marconi company and so they really had more of a loyalty to the passengers messages and the warnings took a back seat because for them, if the ship goes down its not as if they will lose a whole lot and may become hero's for caring about the ship an hour into the sinking, but i hold nothing against the wireless operators personally but i think they should have taken some of the blame , but they did work until the very end, the S.S.Virginian even reported hearing a faint s.o.s. as late as 2:17 and also you definitely have to blame the designers(excluding Mr Andrews and the rest of those who lobbied for 32/64 life boats) who had the idea that was reinforced by the sinking of a white star ship the R.M.S. Republic on January,23,1909 where the ship was rammed by the steamer S.S. Florida in heavy fog off of Nantucket Is. and the ship stayed afloat for a good 12 to 13 hours and did 2 deck to deck transfers to the Florida, which had no threatening flooding, and to the larger R.M.S. Baltic and the only fatalities were when the ship got rammed when 3 passengers died in their cabins, i think that MOST of the officers on the titanic did there duty to the best of their abilities and that they died hero's, saving the live of those that they could and there are also the crew in the lifeboats that should have been hung or shoot on arrival in england for leaving that many people to die, when the Capitan asked for the boats to return they just kept going being the period selfish bastards and i think that many people are to blame but not only that night but over the years that the building took place and decisions were made.
well that is my 2 cents so if u don't like it tough #OOPS#
Posted on: 2006/11/3 7:11
Create PDF from Post Print

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
i agree with SOSCQDCahill.

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/11/4 4:13
  •  TippooTib
      TippooTib

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOSCQDCahill wrote:
something that some people don't get is that the wireless operators were not payed by or employed by the white star line but they were indeed employed by the Marconi company and so they really had more of a loyalty to the passengers messages and the warnings took a back seat because for them, if the ship goes down its not as if they will lose a whole lot and may become hero's for caring about the ship an hour into the sinking, but i hold nothing against the wireless operators personally but i think they should have taken some of the blame , but they did work until the very end, the S.S.Virginian even reported hearing a faint s.o.s. as late as 2:17 and also you definitely have to blame the designers(excluding Mr Andrews and the rest of those who lobbied for 32/64 life boats) who had the idea that was reinforced by the sinking of a white star ship the R.M.S. Republic on January,23,1909 where the ship was rammed by the steamer S.S. Florida in heavy fog off of Nantucket Is. and the ship stayed afloat for a good 12 to 13 hours and did 2 deck to deck transfers to the Florida, which had no threatening flooding, and to the larger R.M.S. Baltic and the only fatalities were when the ship got rammed when 3 passengers died in their cabins, i think that MOST of the officers on the titanic did there duty to the best of their abilities and that they died hero's, saving the live of those that they could and there are also the crew in the lifeboats that should have been hung or shoot on arrival in england for leaving that many people to die, when the Capitan asked for the boats to return they just kept going being the period selfish bastards and i think that many people are to blame but not only that night but over the years that the building took place and decisions were made.
well that is my 2 cents so if u don't like it tough #OOPS#

Gosh, you must have set some sort of record for writing the most lengthy sentence in history. Not one period in the entire paragraph. Congratulations!
Posted on: 2006/11/4 9:05

From
Group:
Registered Users
Actually the longest sentence that was grammatically correct was 22 pages long
Posted on: 2006/11/5 0:25
  •  TippooTib
      TippooTib

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOSCQDCahill wrote:

Thanks for that information. (Maybe this one was the longest sentence without any proper capitalization or proper punctuation, though.)
Posted on: 2006/11/5 10:19

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOSCQDCahill wrote:

Would that be 22 A4 pages?
Posted on: 2006/11/5 21:27

From
Group:
Registered Users
? but anyways lets talk about titanic not grammar
Posted on: 2006/11/6 0:18
  •  Knorr
      Knorr

From
Group:
Registered Users
It was a Collection of Errors. I wouldn't pound down on someone.
Even if Murdoch ordered to turn, heading straight on would cause ALOT of injuries. But then.. Injure or Die. Hmm..
Posted on: 2006/11/6 3:03

From
Group:
Registered Users
true but i think that murdoc *forgive any errors im doing this on my PSP. did what any other officer on Titanic would have done
Posted on: 2006/11/8 1:33

From
Group:
Registered Users
true but i think that murdoc *forgive any errors im doing this on my PSP. did what any other officer on Titanic would have done
Posted on: 2006/11/8 1:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.