Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  6 Votes
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.
what would you have done?

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
what would you have done if you were on titanic that tragic night?

i put alot of thought into my answer and i still don't know,but i would have stayed on the titanic...i don't know why but there's something i just am not sure.

i just finished watching "Ghosts of the Abyss" i cryed i saw how the crew gave their lives to save the passengers and out of over 2200 passengers only 712 were saved. that hurts me

i'm not your average 1st class girl...
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/8/25 22:08
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  numbthepain
      numbthepain
Re: what would you have done?

From East Dublin, Georgia
Group:
Registered Users
Its hard to say. If you didnt have any family on the ship to take care of, it would be much easier to survive. However, most had family and the possibliltys of saving themselves and thier family, was a very slim chance. So, if i were on the ship, id probly have done the same excact thing everyone else had done. You may think of new strategies today, but back then, you would not have been thinking about anything. It happend all to quick. You wouldnt have had time to think about anything to do, but panic. So yea, you can think of ways now days that you coulda made it, but the chances of you thinking of it when it happend, is a very slim chance. <br /><br />Its only after youve lost everything, that your free to do anything- Tyler Durden
Posted on: 2006/8/26 4:43
  •  xkitten14x
      xkitten14x

From New Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
What i would have done is quickly gotten to a lifeboat, of couse. I was thinking about it before and I thought "What could I have done to help if I were there?" and I thought about maybe volunteering to row a lifeboat or take care of children who's parents could not be found. If I were there I certainly would have wanted to do something to help. Even watching the movie I felt like I should do something but how. It's strange and I probably sound like a total dork but those poor innocent people getting hurt and killed just makes me sad. I wish I could have helped.

sincerely, kelly.
Posted on: 2006/9/1 3:15
  •  Titanic2006
      Titanic2006

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think I would have stayed on the ship as long as I possibly could before it was too late to get onto a lifeboat.

I think that I would have tried to voulenteer to hep people into the boats and get people to safety. That is the most I could have possibly done in a situation such as the Titanic disaster, because of the fear of dying.
Posted on: 2006/9/9 21:09
  •  norml
      norml

From
Group:
Registered Users
I enjoyed the movie and was also impressed with the way they
brought titanic back to life. The old black and white movies and clips did the ship no justice. At the same time let's be realistic.
I'd like to think that when the passengers realized that titanic was
going to sink beneath them they had one thing in mind, SURVIVAL. "I love you's and dont worry I'll be ok", maybe, but
putting on your best tuxedo and going down like gentlemen with
a shot of brandy! "Not so much" . The band playing to the end,
noble yes. The preist praying with passengers near the very end,
comforting. I tend to think that when your in a life or death situation you find things that float, tie them together, try to survive
but you get off your knees. And speaking of jack and rose.
Would'nt you feel guilty while floating on the big door. could she have taken turns?
Posted on: 2006/9/10 3:04

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
First, I'm a guy. I'd probably be refused lifeboat entry by the officers. Second, I don't want to leave before the women and children (how would I sleep with that guilt?). Most likely, I'd just go back to my cabin and say a final prayer.
Posted on: 2006/9/10 3:25
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
i think i would feel guilty if i got in a life boat.
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/9/10 15:14
  •  HellenTurnquist
      HellenTurnquist

From chubaka, wakichuba
Group:
Registered Users
hard to say what I would do. Well, I overreact so I would freak out and think "of course the ship is sinking!" (history of bad luck) and get something warm to wear and get on a boat. But I'd try to get some of the 3rd class kids on too. Or if I had the time, I'd work on making rafts out of tables and life-jackets (yeah, maybe it would look dramatic to all the people who were convinced the titanic wasn't sinking but oh well). Sounds like something you'd hear in a worst case senario handbook.
1) I'm a girl so it wouldn't be as bad as if a guy got on
2) But I'd still be guilty about others not being able to get on (me being saved instead of some else)
3) so I'd be the kid in the boat with the 3 five year olds in my lap with my coat wrapped around all of us saying "Go back and get them!!!" (the people swimming off).
Posted on: 2006/9/24 20:58
  •  White Star Line 06
      White Star Line 06

From
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldhave punched up the lookouts just before shehit, and just let her hit the berg head on. In the long run, it would probably have worked.
Posted on: 2006/9/26 10:51
  •  SFMarine0311
      SFMarine0311

From Parris Island, South Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
I'd go down like a gentleman drinking a brandy as Guggenheim did so eloquently.

Really don't have a chance the water is so cold and you just have to realize it's indeed reality but seems like a nightmare and just go with the flow.
Posted on: 2006/10/7 2:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.