Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  6 Votes
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.
Re: what would you have done?

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
imagine how scary it must have been knowing death awaits you...
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/10/8 2:57
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

norml wrote:
I enjoyed the movie and was also impressed with the way they
brought titanic back to life. The old black and white movies and clips did the ship no justice. At the same time let's be realistic.
I'd like to think that when the passengers realized that titanic was
going to sink beneath them they had one thing in mind, SURVIVAL. "I love you's and dont worry I'll be ok", maybe, but
putting on your best tuxedo and going down like gentlemen with
a shot of brandy! "Not so much" . The band playing to the end,
noble yes. The preist praying with passengers near the very end,
comforting. I tend to think that when your in a life or death situation you find things that float, tie them together, try to survive
but you get off your knees. And speaking of jack and rose.
Would'nt you feel guilty while floating on the big door. could she have taken turns?

people said the band did play until...when the band leaders body was found his violin was still with him. William Gugenheim(sp?) did indeed put on a tux, that is true. As for jack and rose she was cold and exhausted..physically she never could have pulled herself up and down, her body wouldn't be able to do it. Water temp was 28 degrees. Some acpects of the movie were close, expecially the actual sinking. James Cameron didn't hollywood it up...
Posted on: 2006/10/12 0:08

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
i agree w/ lilcandycane!
lilcandycane wrote:

people said the band did play until...when the band leaders body was found his violin was still with him. William Gugenheim(sp?) did indeed put on a tux, that is true. As for jack and rose she was cold and exhausted..physically she never could have pulled herself up and down, her body wouldn't be able to do it. Water temp was 28 degrees. Some acpects of the movie were close, expecially the actual sinking. James Cameron didn't hollywood it up...

he didnt hollywood it up, good way 2 put it !

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/10/14 14:48

From Titanic's Heart
Group:
Registered Users
I would probably get all the 3rd class folks & & take'm up 2 th boat deck. or i might ov' paniced! ~coming soon: Panic on Titanic. A book by ME~in the future

Dedicated to all those lost and saved, that they may rest in peace.
Posted on: 2006/10/14 14:57
  •  numbthepain
      numbthepain

From East Dublin, Georgia
Group:
Registered Users
This is not an opinion. This is a fact. Everyone else can say, " Oh i would have jumped off the boat onto the iceburg like spiderman and wait for help" or something like that. Or " I would have snuk into a lifeboat". We all like to think, " Oh i would have been a survivor, or, oh, i would have found a way to live. I thought that for awhile. Until recently i thought very hard about the situation. The truth is, you would have panicked like everyone else. And note that most people had family to take care of, they couldnt have went rampid doing all kinds of james bond stunts we think of to live. They had to go places and look out for their family. And by the time they got them to a life boat, it was too late for them to do anything but run to the stern of the ship. Im a smart person imo and i have alot of common sense for a fact, but even i have to say i would have been the person to panic and jump off the ship like a retard into the water and be the first one to die of hyperthermia. But lets just all be thankfull that we do not have to make the decision " what we would have done " .
P.S. For those people, like me, who thought those waters werent as cold as people made out to be, I performed a little experiment. I put a jar of water into the freezer and i kept checking the temp until it reached 28 degrees. I stuck my hand in that water and omg. I was gonna see how long i could hold it in their but, i only lasted about 30 seconds and my hand was numb. That was one of the worst feeling things i have ever felt. Omg. I couldnt even begin to imagine that water being all over my body for hours. Ole buddy Jack wasnt lieing at all when he said, " It hits you like a thousand knives stabbing you all over your body". I would have died after 5 minutes.
Posted on: 2006/10/19 3:12
  •  S.A.M.
      S.A.M.

From down south
Group:
Registered Users
that is sooooo true...
"a world that sends you reeling, from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all. so paint it black and take it back lets shout it loud and clear. defient to the end we hear the call, to carry on"
-Welcome to the Black Parade
Posted on: 2006/10/19 17:46
  •  numbthepain
      numbthepain

From East Dublin, Georgia
Group:
Registered Users
glad to see sombody has the mentality to understands anything i say on here.
Posted on: 2006/10/20 4:45
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.