Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Samer_MUFC
      Samer_MUFC
Most popular place on the ship?

From
Group:
Registered Users
What do you think is the most popular place on the Titanic?
I think its the Grand Staircase.. You see it everyday now adays..
On every titanic site, in the James Cameron movie it plays a significant part.. and so it does in the Game: Adventure out of time..
what do you think?
Posted on: 2004/2/2 13:57
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Yes, i concur with you Samer,

I think one of the reason is as the name tells its self, Grand staircase. It really looks like that it is not in the ship. Because light could enter the open room via the windows up in the hall and sun light falling down onto the stair cases.

This in itsself makes the people inside this room feel that this ship is really magnificent...
Posted on: 2004/2/2 21:19
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Yes but from what i know the staircase was 6 stories high and people prefered the lifts. I would rather the elegant ornate staircase with its elaborite furnishings and extraordinary woodwork of oak and mahogany! And well of course the domed skylight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Posted on: 2004/2/3 0:47
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely the Grand staircase, I would love to make that "entrance". I love the clock at the top also "Honor and Glory"

Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/3 14:08
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I must say the verenda cafe other rhan the staircase it was also used as a playroom for 1st class children!
Posted on: 2004/2/7 3:24
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I take it you mean now rather than then? Because if you're talking back then, sheer numbers would give you the Third Class Smoke Room and General Room. Today, the Grand Staircase, definately - you can even get married on it ( http://www.titanicweddings.com/Weddings.htm ) - although why anyone would want to marry on something that represents one of the world's greatest tragedies is beyond me.
Posted on: 2004/2/7 11:31
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
Thanks for that site. Wow, people getting married there, something else, huh.

I have not been to the exhibition in Florida but that sounds amazing. Feeling the "chill" on deck, wow!!
Yes, I would like to see how the GrandStaircase actually looked in person. Looks glorious.

Only thing I can say about people getting married there. Well some people love Titanic so much I think they push the button a bit. But, then they would disagree with me. While I would not mind having my picture taken on the staircase, I do not think I would get married there?

I hope to get to that exhibit one day
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/7 11:58
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Betty, you'll love it! You walk around a corner, and, bam, you're [i:b720621e30]there[/i:b720621e30]. They have several other rooms, too, a First Class Suite, and a load of other stuff.
Posted on: 2004/2/7 12:20
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Wow i had no idea i live in melboune FL and sure hope to go visit it! Dang do u have to get married to go im only 14!
Posted on: 2004/2/7 17:34
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Teamtuna,
Now, can you actually go into the rooms in the exhibit. I mean like first class room, etc. or is there a rope across it so you can only see it?

I saw the picture on your site of the bride on the Grand Staircase, so you can actually stand on the staircase?

I have only been to Ed Kamuda's museum in Massachusetts and the museum in Norwalk, Connecticut.
They seem to not have the travelling exhibits in the NE. I think I will write RMS and ask them why<LOL>
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/7 19:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.