Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
You could on the traveling version, and the ads say you can in the live one - I'm not sure, as the thing's gone up since I was last in Kissimmee. Anyone from the Deep South on the forum know?
Posted on: 2004/2/10 12:16
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
i live in florida but dont understand ur question :D

Posted on: 2004/2/10 22:22
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
Anthony,
I guess I did not explain what I meant too clearly.Sorry

Sometimes like when you go into a museum or exhibit, they have a room set up. Say like a first class cabin and you cannot go into the room, you can look in because it is roped off. I was wondering if the rooms or the staircase was like that or if you could actually go into the room and stand on the staircase?
Betty
Posted on: 2004/2/10 23:14
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
You can stand on the staircase - apparently, that's where the weddings actually take place, and then the group photo is taken there.
Posted on: 2004/2/11 12:32
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:e0a2053153="Teamtunafish"]I take it you mean now rather than then? Because if you're talking back then, sheer numbers would give you the Third Class Smoke Room and General Room. Today, the Grand Staircase, definately - you can even get married on it ( http://www.titanicweddings.com/Weddings.htm ) - although why anyone would want to marry on something that represents one of the world's greatest tragedies is beyond me.[/quote:e0a2053153]

I also read somewhere on the internet (or maybe it was on the news) a while ago where someone went down to the actual site to get married. I thought that was cool.
Posted on: 2004/2/20 18:09
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:3138acdebd]someone went down to the actual site to get married[/quote:3138acdebd] - down to [i:3138acdebd]Titanic[/i:3138acdebd] herself, you mean? I'd be interested in how they did that - those submersibles hold three people each, which means (if this happened) that you'd have the bride and groom in one DSV and the Reverend or whatever in a second - and those trips down to the wreck are running $35,000 [i:3138acdebd]apiece[/i:3138acdebd] last I heard. Pretty expensive wedding, even before you get to the reception.
Posted on: 2004/2/20 18:24
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think they had 2 subs. that went down there, 1 with the bride and groom and Reverend. And the other one had 1 or 2 witnesses.
Posted on: 2004/2/20 18:27
Reception room

From
Group:
Registered Users
Hi!

I'm not sure if it's correct with regard to Titanic, but certainly on Olympic in 1911-12 the first class reception room on D-deck was extremely popular. In comparison, Titanic's was a little larger, while onboard Olympic chairs were even moved from some of the first class suites in order to accommodate everyone who wanted to listen to the band in the reception room. Olympic's was enlarged in 1913. Strangely, by 1933 the Olympic's reception room was somewhat smaller -- after several refits -- so perhaps tastes changed.

Kindest regards,

Mark.
Posted on: 2004/3/25 19:40
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
[quote:03af45db9c]Strangely, by 1933 the Olympic's reception room was somewhat smaller -- after several refits -- so perhaps tastes changed. [/quote:03af45db9c]

Was that the same refit where they painted the Grand Staircase green? (A [i:03af45db9c]terrible[/i:03af45db9c] idea, IMHO).
Posted on: 2004/3/25 20:14

From
Group:
Registered Users
Olympic's grand staircase did receive some touches of green in the 1932-33 refitting, while there were also some changes to staterooms' decor. For instance, if I remember correctly some plain white first class rooms received highlights of blue as well.

Kindest regards,

Mark.
Posted on: 2004/3/25 20:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.