Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  nightangel
      nightangel

From Vancouver, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I believe that the bollards where the Titanic was docked are still there in Southampton.
Posted on: 2003/1/12 4:35
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Mr. Titanic
      Mr. Titanic
Interest in the RMS Titanic

From Albany, NY
Group:
Registered Users
I became interested in a Titanic book that was being offered from my 7th grade schools mail order club. I thought nothing of it, until I finished reading the book by Robert Ballard and began fasinated reading other books, including the 1912 book writted directly after the disaster. I read almost every book that was available to intersted readers up till 1988-89. I was considered such a Titanic nut, especially from an A+ science report, that my teachers and friends in middle school called me, Mr. Titanic. Hence the story behind my user name.
My interests in the Royal Mail Steamer Titanic lead me to other great liners of the North Atlantic trade, including the Queen Mary, Normandie in addition to other French and Cunard Line ships, just to name a few. My home is now filled with memorabilia dedicated to the transatlantic era that has now gone by.

Darren,
The book, [i:009219c80f]Titanic: An Illustrated History[/i:009219c80f] by Lynch and Marschall on page 32 offers a small glimpse of Southampton in 1912 and the port as it is today. As nightangel mentions, the bollards are still there, in addition to a similar but not exact cargo crane. Check it out!
Posted on: 2003/1/13 9:39
  •  samantha
      samantha
What got me interested

From
Group:
Registered Users
I became interested in the Titanic when I was about six years old and I saw the National Geographic special. It was very fascinating and for the last seventeen years I've been hooked. I have read books, articles, watched specials on both the History and Discovery channels and it just keeps getting more and more interesting.
Posted on: 2003/1/17 1:35
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
I love Titanic too!
Guest_Anonymous
[color=black:87e98f6a81]I'm not a really BIG Titanic fan, but I'm still a fan alright. I have no idea how I fell in love with Titanic. I guess it was that I hadn't watched the show for like...3 years, then I borrow the VCD and watch it. After a couple of weeks, I realized the urge to watch it again. So I got myself my own one and watched it over and over again! I've even got myself the soundtrack! Amazing it is! I'm also a fan of love and tragedy movies, like Romeo & Juliet. But it was Titanic that captured me. It was so sad, unexpected. Who would have known Jack would've died in such a freezing way! Poor guy, froze to death. [/color:87e98f6a81]
Posted on: 2003/1/17 15:14
  •  Silja
      Silja

From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
Became interested in 1984 when I saw the 1953 Titanic movie on TV.
Posted on: 2003/9/18 21:50
  •  Shalyre
      Shalyre

From PA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I got interested in grade school when I signed a book out of the library about the titanic.
Posted on: 2003/9/27 5:22
  •  Luna_Aran
      Luna_Aran

From BC, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I became interested in the Titanic when I was in the 8th grade, and a friend of mine told me I absolutely HAD to read this book "about this old ship", so I did, and ever since then, it's been close to an obsession. Everything with the word 'Titanic' on it, I either have to read, watch, or own. Most of my Creative Writing projects in high school involved the Titanic in some way, and the obsession with Titanic has also led me to interests in her sister ships, [i:429a00da4d]Olympic[/i:429a00da4d] and [i:429a00da4d]Britannic[/i:429a00da4d].
Posted on: 2003/10/29 6:51
  •  Ali.G
      Ali.G

From Salisbury, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I became interested in the Titanic when I did a school project on it in 1982, I would have been at the tender age of 10! :wink:

Since then I just fell in love with the great ship.
Posted on: 2003/10/31 7:06
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
:wink: Well how it all started. A day i will never forget the day that changed my life and now am the most devoted person to this mighty ornate ship of great manatude. It started in the third grade when i read a book about titanic and always write books about it. Im known by everyone even the people thate dont like me too much as THE SOUL OF TITANIC.
Posted on: 2004/1/28 4:10
  •  Starry
      Starry

From US of A
Group:
Registered Users
gosh I don't know why I first thought of Titanic. It's like it was just planted in my brain.. by fate! Haha. I was always asking about it when I was little, and everyone near my knew what Titanic was (since everyone knows of course), but they didn't know details. They were just like "oh it was a huge ship that hit and iceberg and almost everyone died." But I'm a sucker for details and when I saw the movie I was in.. 5th grade and it was a catalyst! I now have all the lines memorized and I've read all the available Titanic books from libraries around town, I research it weekly, and yeah. A little obsessed! My friends tease me for it!!
Posted on: 2004/1/29 2:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.