Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
When I was in Girl Scout camp, they had this song, "It Was Sad When the Great Ship Went Down" that gort my interest because it was a bouncy little tune, but it was about this awful shipwreck. Then when Bob Ballard actually [i:e36803dd97]found[/i:e36803dd97] the thing, that's when it really took off for me.
Posted on: 2004/3/8 11:43
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  titanic 4 ever
      titanic 4 ever
Re: First encounter with Titanic

From
Group:
Registered Users
[quote:33b86bb652="JimmyV"]How did everyone come to be interested in the Titanic? For me it was when I was 7 and seen Ghostbusters 2 :) . After seeing the movie I was interested as to what that big ship was. A week or so later I seen the childrens book written by Ballard in a mail order catalog at school and it was all down hill from there :)[/quote:33b86bb652]

I think I was in 2nd grade when I first heard about the Titanic, and loved it ever since.
Posted on: 2004/3/13 17:20

From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I was 5. I went to a freinds house, he was in the middle of building a model of the Titanic. He told me the ship sank and a lot of people died. From then on I was hooked. The movie exploded in a few years later and I bought everything Titanic-related available.
Posted on: 2004/4/13 20:49

From Tallmadge, Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
For me it started when I was a pre-teen. I was a total geek (Actually I still am) and loved to watch discovery channel and what not. One day, a documentary about the Titanic was on, and that got me interested. So, I did a little research and was majorly hooked, and ever since then I've been collecting things. My step dad had a lot to with it because whenever he went to a book store or something he'd buy me anything he saw dealing with Titanic. I have 3 books now, but I had a lot more...I think I lost them when I moved over the summer. I also had 2 peices of Titanic coal and a newspaper copy from the time. Along with copies of their distress calls and pics of the rescue the Carpathia made...it was very cool. I had a packet of copies of documents made during the investigation....but...I think I also lost that in the move because I cannot find it anywhere. But that's how I got my start! :D
Posted on: 2004/4/14 7:05
  •  Betty
      Betty

From Albany, New York
Group:
Registered Users
I keep trying to remember how I first got started being a "Titanic Addict" and cannot pinpoint the exact thing. I think I saw an ad in a newspaper for Titanic coal? Not sure. Anyway when I first got online I was hooked, when I saw the amount of information that was out there. Our local library did not have many books at all on the subject and the malls/stores in the area had next to nothing.

So getting online got my collection going and I still get on Ebay and other sites to buy and research things. I absolutely love it.
Posted on: 2004/4/14 17:37
  •  nutty_3001
      nutty_3001
Titainc

From manchester U K
Group:
Registered Users
I became inerested in the Titanic when she was fownd in 1985 .

she just has a plays in my hart . she will allways be remenerd

may she rest in peace ( but sumhow i dont think that she will .
Posted on: 2004/4/15 2:58
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.