Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread Rated:  8 Votes
Titanic and Sept 11th Movies

From Orange, VA (U.S.A.)
Group:
Registered Users
I must be weird or something! I love Titanic and all the Titanic movies, but I can't watch watch any of the September 11th movies (World Trade Center, 9/11, Flight 93, etc). The Sept. 11th movies bothers me, but I can't wait for the next Titanic movie! Yes, I cried during James Cameron's Titanic, but I absolutely refuse to even watch a 9/11 movie. Weird, eh?
Posted on: 2006/9/13 15:09
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane
Re: Titanic and Sept 11th Movies

From
Group:
Registered Users
i think the reason it is so hard to watch movies about 9-11 is because we lived threw it....we watched it unfold, i know of a woman who lost a loved one when the titanic went down, she refused to see the movie, because it brought back the pain she felt many years earlier. When you actually live throught the pain the last thing you want to do is watch it all over again....i'm sure that if you had some close connection to titanic or personally knew anyone who died...the movie would have been too hard to watch
Posted on: 2006/9/13 15:23
  •  MGY Friend
      MGY Friend

From New Mexico, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, we lived through it and it effected our lives.

Milveana Dean lived through the Titanic, and she saw "A Night to Remember" with some other survivors, and she and most of them hated it.

When the new movie came out, they tried to get her to see it, even telling her she could attend a private viewing with Prince Charles. She turned it down, stating that she had no intention to see it.

She lost her father on the Titanic and therefore, she did not want to dwell on seeing another film on it.
The reason is that ship
has a purpose".

Sir Winston Churchill

www.mrmarshall.proboards62.com
Posted on: 2006/9/13 15:42

From Crooksville,Ohio and Zanesville,Ohio
Group:
Registered Users
I like both catagories,because they honor the people that died in the tradgedies.
Posted on: 2006/10/3 2:20
  •  SFMarine0311
      SFMarine0311

From Parris Island, South Carolina
Group:
Registered Users
Ya it's definitely the fact that we lived through the september 11th attacks and not the titanic tragedy. So it dosen't hold the same effect on us as it did with those who witnessed it etc.
Posted on: 2006/10/7 1:32
  •  lilcandycane
      lilcandycane

From
Group:
Registered Users
I think comparing the 2 events is wrong. The titanic sank because fo human error...no one wanted her to sink or all those people to lose their lives. Sept. 11 was a planned horriable attack, and it unfolded on tv. The titanic sank in darkness, so to speak. Other than the shock, and huge loss of life...there is no way these 2 events even come close to eachother
Posted on: 2006/10/7 15:16

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Titanic was human error, and 9/11 was the result of policy held by the American 'government' which then caused a human catastrophe. Depending on everyone’s belief about 9/11 and what have you. You hear conspiracies constantly, anyone heard about the pentagon thing? Still getting away from all that, as tragic as both events where, these films are only Hollywood’s attempt to make money from tragedy, don’t kid your self, movie making is big business, and since 9/11 touched so many of us, the marketing men saw a great opportunity. To think it's just about honoring the dead is a naive fantasy.
Posted on: 2006/10/7 16:33
  •  h2oclub
      h2oclub

From British Columbia, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with you Robert, I love all things Titanic and have a lot of collectabels to prove it. Watch any film on 9 -11 not a snowballs
chance in hell. I can't do it. Now perhaps it is still to soon since 9- 11. I mean Titanic was almost 100 years ago. A different time place. They are still pulling parts of the dead out of ground zero.
so who is to say in 50 years or so I can watch the 9 - 11 movie.
Posted on: 2006/11/8 6:53
  •  h2oclub
      h2oclub

From British Columbia, Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Yes Robert you are strange, but correct as always.
Posted on: 2006/11/8 6:55
  •  .:tinkerbell:.
      .:tinkerbell:.

From
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rip1912 wrote:
I must be weird or something! I love Titanic and all the Titanic movies, but I can't watch watch any of the September 11th movies (World Trade Center, 9/11, Flight 93, etc). The Sept. 11th movies bothers me, but I can't wait for the next Titanic movie! Yes, I cried during James Cameron's Titanic, but I absolutely refuse to even watch a 9/11 movie. Weird, eh?

I agree with you, i think the september 11 movies are just plain sick, yet i love titanic... i think its because people waited a while before making movies about titanic and its a way of showing people the tragdy of it. But with the september 11 movies they've hardly waited any time at all!! i mean come on people that are still around have relatives that died in that....
Posted on: 2006/12/14 11:41
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.