Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  HellenTurnquist
      HellenTurnquist
torture in war

From chubaka, wakichuba
Group:
Registered Users
for it or against it? Should we torture people to gain information? I know it's not titanic related but i really want to talk about it with people who don't have any urge to say Git-R-Done every 10 minutes (a.k.a my peers). So... do you think it is right/ justified?
I don't think so but I'm waiting for someone to give me a reason to believe otherwise...
Posted on: 2006/10/20 23:09
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Titanic King
      Titanic King
Re: torture in war

From Remyxxx777
Group:
Registered Users
No one should torture anyone for information. If you ever saw that movie Hostel that was actually based on true events and what is even worse is they torture people for fun.
Posted on: 2006/10/21 19:01

From United Kingdom
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HellenTurnquist wrote:
for it or against it? Should we torture people to gain information? I know it's not titanic related but i really want to talk about it with people who don't have any urge to say Git-R-Done every 10 minutes (a.k.a my peers). So... do you think it is right/ justified?
I don't think so but I'm waiting for someone to give me a reason to believe otherwise...

Good question.

NO, as it conflict's with international law (well kinda, its a pretty vague definition and is common practise in many countries) so in that respect no. But, ummmmmm if for example they ever got osama and there was a new terrorist plot, would we be justified in beatin the crap out of him till he coughs up? I am not sure, these guys are very hardened, e.g the British SAS just dont crack under torture, some of the stories you hear would have u singin like a canary but not these guys. Would be the same for terrorist's to be tortured and killed would give them marterdom, which we dont want, sooooo No. You start makin expemtions for certain people you are heading for problems.

So it is best just to say no, therefor I agree with you, however it is very easy to understand why people would think yes.
Posted on: 2006/10/21 22:33
  •  E.J. Welles
      E.J. Welles

From U.S., But England Is In My Heart
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HellenTurnquist wrote:

Lol on that Git-R-Done bit!
No, I don't think people should be tortured physically. Now, there's plenty of mental ways to do it that can get information if you want it badly enough (sleep deprivation, etc.), and only for a 'person' such a Osama.
But yes, physical torture inevitably ends up in death, which would make us just as bad as them. A few days without sleep and loud noise, things of this nature, and they'll talk eventually.
Oh, I'm E.J., BTW, this is my first post. I didn't want to make a whole new Introduction thread. Is it very active around here?
Posted on: 2006/10/22 18:50
  •  HellenTurnquist
      HellenTurnquist

From chubaka, wakichuba
Group:
Registered Users
cool, just had to make sure I wasn't crazy. Although I don't like mental torture either. the mind can be as weak as the body. but that's just me.
Posted on: 2006/10/23 1:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.