Main Menu
Recent News
Latest Articles
Random photos

Titanic.com - Titanic News, Photos, Articles & Research | Forum Index
   Titanic movie
  is all the information from the 1997 movie correct?

Browsing this Thread:   8 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

•  Rate Thread
      Rate this Thread
      Excellent
      Good
      Average
      Bad
      Terrible
Poster Thread
  •  titanicfreak_15
      titanicfreak_15
is all the information from the 1997 movie correct?

From tx
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think it is because some of the things that really happened didn't happen in the movie, such as the 3rd class passengers being able to go to the 1st class church service, which didn't happen in the movie :?
Posted on: 2002/11/26 1:39
Create PDF from Post Print
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
of course it isn't real there are many things that you could say that aren't real about it. Adn if you look for it in a movie store it would be in a fictional section.
Posted on: 2002/12/15 2:19
  •  Adam Went
      Adam Went
NO WAY!

From Tasmania, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
nearly none of it is true. The one closest to the truth i would have to say would be "A night to remember". There wasn't even a Rose Dwettbrokater or whatever her last name was on it but there was a Jack Dawson who was an Engine Worker.
From Adam Went.
Posted on: 2002/12/22 6:38
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
All nearly fiction
Guest_Anonymous
[color=#ad00ff:215e7f1577][/color:215e7f1577]
Almost everything was fiction, but the stairs, to the 1st class dining room, and the clock, are really really accurate
Posted on: 2002/12/24 10:43
  •  norangeduck
      norangeduck

From england
Group:
Registered Users
i would agree that most of the film was fictional if you would say, some things that titanic showed like Murdoch shooting himself is debatable today, weather he did it or not, i think that "a night to remember" is more factual as said in the post above, it shows more of the ice warnings recieved and more factual infomation that titanic never showed.
Posted on: 2002/12/26 11:54
  •  ohi0rulz
      ohi0rulz
movie

From Fredericksburg, Va
Group:
Registered Users
I enjoy the 1997 film because of the graphics, seeing the Titanic in color and incorporating many things from the past to today, i think they did a good job.
Posted on: 2003/1/4 4:35
  •  White Star
      White Star

From NSW, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Be realistic. Its a movie. They tried to recreate it as best they could, and everything depicted like where Murdoch and Smith die would have been told as accurately as possible otherwise it would not have been in the film.
Posted on: 2003/1/9 12:06
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
ERRORS
Guest_Anonymous
first of all, maragret brown wasn't called molly until after she died. second of all the "jack dawson" someone referenced earlier as being a worker on the ship was named "james dawson." there are also many other little incorrect things, but considering the main point of the movie was the love story and NOT the sinking, contrary to one reading the title, those little errors play very small parts in the movie.[size=18:1981b55672][/size:1981b55672]
Posted on: 2003/2/9 23:04
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
of course it is. my great,great grangmothers sister was on it and her sister was first class. she told my great great grangmother and the stories been pased on. theres no such thing as the3rd class even being on the same floor. so ha and yes i am british.
Posted on: 2003/6/24 21:19
  •  Anonymous
      Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
what r u guys blabering about .... this movie is real.. well ofcourse not all of it.. i mean what do u execpt they have to do some fiction or it wont be that interesting... and most of the stuff were real .... when the man shot himself and fell in the water ... that was real or they wouldnt have brought it ... some of the things werent real but most of it was... u guys have to thank thier appreciation of doing such a great movie that we all can enjoy and at the same time have a great clue of what happened in the past .... this movie is the best and i really loved it.... it is the 1st and best movie eva...
Posted on: 2003/7/16 5:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

You cannot start a new topic.
 You can view topic.
 You cannot reply to posts.
 You cannot edit your posts.
 You cannot delete your posts.
 You cannot add new polls.
 You cannot vote in polls.
 You cannot attach files to posts.
 You cannot post without approval.